Contribute
Register

XPS 9550 OSX 10.11.4 full supported ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking very forward to your step by step guide :) Congratulations on getting so far!

I think it should be the AppleIntelSKLGraphicsGLDriver crushed after clover boot finished .

because I open the debug option in clover config.plist and find clover boot normally .
but when it load AppleIntelSKLGraphicsGLDriver , it crashed !

maybe there is a *.dylib to replace and solve it .

--edit---

finally I boot osx with qe/ci supported by use a mod AppleIntelSKLGraphicsGLDriver by DoiX .

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...00hq-intel-hd-530-partially-working/page-2#38

inject id for hd530 is 0x191b0000 .

wifi supported original.

now there are something else not properly working .

memory real size
bluetooth
audio
battery status
block optimus nvidia
sleep awake

I will try to fix them and post a complete tut .

thanks for RehabMan , the-darkvoid, DoiX and many authors of posts.

I cant wait for the tut nice work! I myself have a dell xpx 9550 too but only full hd not the 4k one, and I have a hard time getting to the install screen.:thumbup:

---------------
I found in bios that the ssd could set in ahci mode .
so I build a clover installer to have a try .
but it boot failed and i google about it but nothing solution works for me .
View attachment 184000View attachment 184001
---------------

clover version : v2.3k r3389
osx 10.11.4 from App Store

|--drivers64UEFI
|| --- FSInject-64.efi
|| --- HFSPlus.efi
|| --- OsxAptioFix2drv-64.efi
|-- kexts
||| -- FakeSMC.kext
||| -- NVMeGeneric.kext
||| -- VoodooPS2Controller.kext

View attachment 183998

Actually I get the exact same error as you get in the pictures, do you mind telling me how you got past these. I have read the clover guide by rehabman a thausand times by now as I did a hackintosh last year with an older laptop, but cant figure this one out...

Actually I get the exact same error as you get in the pictures, do you mind telling me how you got past these. I have read the clover guide by rehabman a thausand times by now as I did a hackintosh last year with an older laptop, but cant figure this one out...

Use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.
Make sure SIP is disabled (CrsActiveConfig=0x67,etc).

See plists in my Clover guide... they have the correct settings.

thank you ! I will try to fix other Fn keys mapping later.Where is the start point to patch audio ? I have read many posts find by google , but most for skylake desktop .follow the http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...s-13-9350-cant-install-8.html#post1205885does not work for xps 9550. I found its audio card is ALC3266, it seems not surported by orgin driver.
According to https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/commit/2c674fac5b1603c6a2aacc88116e3fbc75ebd799 "0x10ec0298, 0x1028, 0, "ALC3266" " ALC3266 is an alias by Dell for ALC298 which from this code "codec_variant = ALC269_TYPE_ALC298" Seems to be based of ALC269 which has a patch from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/. Hopefully this will help you out

I can only second that.

Just go a used 9550 with 4k off ebay for 1.600 EUR (hope that was a good deal) and I'm eager to replace my trusty 2010 MBP with it. So your guide would be most appreciated, @tdmsn

But Its quality seems not so well .
A few days ago I update my graphics driver (download from dell.com) and reboot ,but it cannot works anymore . Fortunately, my laptop has 1 Year Premium Support, and I call Dell and It send a engineer and find that the graphics card chip breakdown, so it replace a "refreshed" motherboard to me.
I will continue to make audio works.

But Its quality seems not so well

That is interesting. At least I know that DELL has an ok service, they will help you within your warranty period, but I'll see to extend mine to three years service. I used this service a lot for the MBP -Laptops tend to age worse than PCs with all that heat in small spaces and the dirt finding it's way in.
Paying for extended warranty for Laptops always paid off for me.

So I take it that you've got everything running, including Power Management, iMessage, Wifi, Graphics and Trackpad but excluding Audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back