Contribute
Register

XPS 13 9360 (i5-7200U) (HD 620)

Status
Not open for further replies.
my new laptop is also xps 13 9360 but with 7500u, i'll try serria after my finals. hope you could install successfully and share your exp.:lol:

my new laptop is also xps 13 9360 but with 7500u, i'll try serria after my finals. hope you could install successfully and share your exp.:lol:
Currently stuck with that ++++++ line, but I will post back with more info if I get something to work. Feel free to PM me if you want to work on it together, the processor difference shouldn't make a big impact.

Also, Kaby Lake announcement at CES... just have to wait for Apply to actually implement them now...

Currently stuck with that ++++++ line, but I will post back with more info if I get something to work. Feel free to PM me if you want to work on it together, the processor difference shouldn't make a big impact.

Also, Kaby Lake announcement at CES... just have to wait for Apply to actually implement them now...

Have you fixed all the mistakes identified in post #10?

I've tried to install EI Captain 10.11.6 today, and +++++ line came up too. I think maybe there is something wrong with my config.plist. How about your installation?

I've tried to install EI Captain 10.11.6 today, and +++++ line came up too. I think maybe there is something wrong with my config.plist. How about your installation?

Read post #2.

Read post #2.
I succeed enter the installation interface with a very brief config.plist. But now I found that I couldn't use the disk utility to part my disk with a gray apply button(应用)... Is this the defect of the diskutil of EL Captain? How can I solve it? THX~
IMG_20170109_221130.jpg IMG_20170109_221303.jpg IMG_20170109_222049.jpg

I succeed enter the installation interface with a very brief config.plist. But now I found that I couldn't use the disk utility to part my disk with a gray apply button(应用)... Is this the defect of the diskutil of EL Captain? How can I solve it? THX~
View attachment 229371 View attachment 229372 View attachment 229374

Did you shrink the Windows partition first (to leave empty space)? Did you remove the MSR partition?
Read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

Attachments

• 137719668403523572.jpg
    137719668403523572.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 100
now I succeed installing it. But while booting with verbose mode, it will end up with a still progress bar like the picture below...what may lead this problem? thx~

What kind of device did you install to? NVMe?

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Your profile is not filled out correctly. Please fix before your next reply.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back