Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
CPU
Intel Core i7-9700K
Graphics
RTX 2070 Super
Hi,
I'm following the xMove guide to update SL to Lion but when I choose the "Installer" partition at the Chimera boot screen, the boot starts but then reboots the computer.

I also tried booting with "-x -v" params

Any ideas ?

cheers,
Tex

I got the same problem here, and no one answered yet! Seems like no one wants to help us! Anyways, please tell me if you have solved this problem! Thanks~!

Same boat, here. On the bright side, it didn't destroy anything.

I'm not sure if this is related but my sound stopped working in Snow Leopard and in Windows as well (I have a dual boot)

Is your sound working ?

cheers

what model graphics cards are you guys using exactly? I'm having the same exact problem, and i Just video'd verbose mode to try and catch the frame before the reboot to see what the last message is before the forced reboot.

Will report back.

I'm using the 6670 gigabyte video card recommended in the least expensive customac build and a p67a-ud3-b3 v1.1 gigabyte board

ATI 5850

(the sound problem was something else)

I saw the 5850 in your profile, i more meant what brand/card of 5850? Seems like not all brands stay close enough to vanilla for apple. my xfx 5670 is hated by 10.6.8 and lion but was fine in all prior versions for example.

Anyways, frame by frame by iphone video this is what I see prior to reboot. Text is a little blurry, so my not be 100% exact, what i couldnt make out from the video frame i replaced that text with 'blurry'

ACPI Table not found: DSDT.AML
No DSDT found. Using 0 as uid volume
Using PCI-Root-UID volume: 0
Unsupported card!
Read HFS+ file tooblurrytoread/smbios.plist] ### bytes
Scanning *blurry blurry blurry*
Slot 0 - bunch of blurry numbers
Slot 2 - bunch of blurry numbers
CPU is Intel(R) Core blurry... family this model that
Customizing SystemID with allot of blurry numbers
efi_inject_tooblurrytoread string null trying string*blurry*
ACPI table not found DSDT.aml
ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml
blurry: Restart blurry applied!
Starting Darwin x86

Looking for advise on where to go from here... dont have a different video card to swap out, all other usb and drives are already disconnected.

nemix said:
I saw the 5850 in your profile, i more meant what brand/card of 5850?

oh sorry.

Sapphire HD 5850 1024MB Vapor-X Gamescom Edition

nemix said:
Seems like not all brands stay close enough to vanilla for apple. my xfx 5670 is hated by 10.6.8 and lion but was fine in all prior versions for example.

Anyways, frame by frame by iphone video this is what I see prior to reboot. Text is a little blurry, so my not be 100% exact, what i couldnt make out from the video frame i replaced that text with 'blurry'

ACPI Table not found: DSDT.AML
No DSDT found. Using 0 as uid volume
Using PCI-Root-UID volume: 0
Unsupported card!
Read HFS+ file tooblurrytoread/smbios.plist] ### bytes
Scanning *blurry blurry blurry*
Slot 0 - bunch of blurry numbers
Slot 2 - bunch of blurry numbers
CPU is Intel(R) Core blurry... family this model that
Customizing SystemID with allot of blurry numbers
efi_inject_tooblurrytoread string null trying string*blurry*
ACPI table not found DSDT.aml
ACPI table not found: DSDT.aml
blurry: Restart blurry applied!
Starting Darwin x86

Looking for advise on where to go from here... dont have a different video card to swap out, all other usb and drives are already disconnected.

Here is my boot log:

Photo%20Jul%2023%2C%209%2003%2024%20PM.png

you are booting off your snowleopard drive, not iboot disk right?

You're snow leopard drive has the latest chimera bootloader installed and you are booting off of that, hit space bar when the loading bar goes backwards and then moving over to the installer partition?

I didnt have the latest chimira, i reran multibeast selecting bootloader and system utilities, and now i can boot into the installer partition, but only from the hard drive hitting a key during the countdown.

If it try to boot from iboot, i get a reboot.

nemix said:
you are booting off your snowleopard drive, not iboot disk right?
yes

nemix said:
You're snow leopard drive has the latest chimera bootloader installed
how can I check this ?

nemix said:
and you are booting off of that, hit space bar when the loading bar goes backwards and then moving over to the installer partition?
yep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back