Register

Xiaomi Ultrabook looks like a Macbook air for 1/3 of the price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot loppol!

Is it yours?

Please keep us updated!!!

no it's a review from Chinese web site

one more thing needs to mention is that it uses i2c for trackpad, from what i know the corresponding driver for skyline support now still is WIP

...I have also been struggling booting up with SMBios MacBook9,1 which throws kernel panic.
Due to this, Piker alpha's PM patch isn't efficient.
So u can expect battery time of 3.5 to 4 hours on moderate usage.

Would be good to see if someone does boot this up with MacBook9,1 SMBios.
I've put SMBIOS MacBookAir7,2 (UX303UA) and ssdtPRGen gave me 1,3 to 2,7Ghz for the i5 6200u. Not a single kernel panic at the moment.

I've put SMBIOS MacBookAir7,2 (UX303UA) and ssdtPRGen gave me 1,3 to 2,7Ghz for the i5 6200u. Not a single kernel panic at the moment.

Yes I used the same MacBookAir7,2 SMBios but that is not very efficient because it doesn't give skylake SSDT :(

Only iMac17,1 and MacBook9,1 gives skylake SSDT for efficient Power management with Piker alpha's script..:beachball:

Yes I used the same MacBookAir7,2 SMBios but that is not very efficient because it doesn't give skylake SSDT :(

Only iMac17,1 and MacBook9,1 gives skylake SSDT for efficient Power management with Piker alpha's script..:beachball:

Generate SSDT with iMac17,1, then switch to other SMBIOS.

Generate SSDT with iMac17,1, then switch to other SMBIOS.

I generated the SMBIOS with iMac17,1 and then switched to MacBook9,1

However, after a lot of reading and experimenting and many re-installs, I finally accepted that Intel skylake CPUs don't need SSDT for PM.
Instead these are self hardware controlled as indicated by Piker Alpha and I confirm it when booting with no SSDT and still receiving proper states in Intel CPU gadget..

Also, I now know why so many people can't boot with Piker Alpha's SSDT and P & C States set to "true".
I assume this can be demonstrated on any skylake hackintosh.

Anyway, everything runs good now with MacBook9,1 except the base clock never falls below 1 GHz (Turbo states are perfect and can be controlled with config.plist).

When the battery is below 10%, the speed will fall to 400 MHz with NO steps (Up or Down).

It's quite interesting to note that AppleIntelInfo.kext shows no P or C States for CPU but it does show them for IGPU which I assume is still controlled on software side.

Now I am trying to find out if it's possible to force lower clock frequency as the base frequency. Have tried all config.plist options without success..

Cheers

I generated the SMBIOS with iMac17,1 and then switched to MacBook9,1

You should use at least a Haswell SMBIOS. Ivy SMBIOS would be a mistake.

However, after a lot of reading and experimenting and many re-installs, I finally accepted that Intel skylake CPUs don't need SSDT for PM.
Instead these are self hardware controlled as indicated by Piker Alpha and I confirm it when booting with no SSDT and still receiving proper states in Intel CPU gadget..

There are other aspects of PM that require the SSDT...

I just bought the Mibook 12inch myself, it's a nice build Windows laptop, very compact form, but don't even come close to Macbook. Anyhow, someone from China tried to attemp to install using Clover, couldn't get the touch pad and bluetooth/wifi to work. Just crossing my fingers for a solution~

I just bought the Mibook 12inch myself, it's a nice build Windows laptop, very compact form, but don't even come close to Macbook. Anyhow, someone from China tried to attemp to install using Clover, couldn't get the touch pad and bluetooth/wifi to work. Just crossing my fingers for a solution~

If it has Intel latest dual band wifi chip, it is not going to work. You will need to use USB for that.
For touchpad, Elan touchpad driver should work as it's a synaptics touchpad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back