Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey all,

I'm currently upgrading my system to Catalina (15.5.5) via fresh install. Have created an install USB using the terminal createinstallmedia and Multibeast as a post istall (as Unibeast was getting stuck on Installing Bootloader). During install the screen goes black (but does not enter sleep mode). The PC stays on so I'm assuming this is a GPU error. Does anyone have any tips? CLOVER EFI Folder attached and full Spec below -

CPU - Intel i7-4790K
Mobo - Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H
Install Drive - Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb (w/ firmware update)
GPU - XFX RX 5700 XT Thicc III

System was stable on HS with a GTX 1060 but I got a good deal on this newer GPU so thought I'd like to use it! Cheers!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 43
I think with the 5700 XT's you have to add the Boot Argument agdpmod=pikera

Hey all,

I'm currently upgrading my system to Catalina (15.5.5) via fresh install. Have created an install USB using the terminal createinstallmedia and Multibeast as a post istall (as Unibeast was getting stuck on Installing Bootloader). During install the screen goes black (but does not enter sleep mode). The PC stays on so I'm assuming this is a GPU error. Does anyone have any tips? CLOVER EFI Folder attached and full Spec below -

CPU - Intel i7-4790K
Mobo - Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H
Install Drive - Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb (w/ firmware update)
GPU - XFX RX 5700 XT Thicc III

System was stable on HS with a GTX 1060 but I got a good deal on this newer GPU so thought I'd like to use it! Cheers!

Some users report that not every DP outputs a signal. Try different ports if you want to use DP.

Turns out HDMI works fine so this is just a DisplayPort Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back