Graphics
MSI 980 TI OC 6G
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just got my 5670 and have lion installed from the App Store release with MultiBeast using my MacBook Pro. It boots fine is safe mode but when i boot normally with -v everything seems to work fine and then at the end of the boot the screen goes grey as if the graphics are about to load and the nothing happens... I have GE set to No and i am running in 32bit mode due to issues with the NFORCEATA kext i am using for my hard disk.

I read on Tonys blog that this card was natively supported so I'm guessing that iv gotten something mixed up?

Can anyone offer any help? I'm not totally green its just been a while since i played with hackintosh...

Here is to test.
a) Set GraphicsEnalber=Yes and reboot ...does it work and VGA shows up properly in system profile? and run ioreg | grep ATY in terminal and see what frame buffer is loaded.

If above do not work,

b) Install Chimera bootloader and leave GraphicsEnabler=Yes then reboot and check again.

Chimera should be injecting the proper frame buffer.

I have tried with Yes before but i will do as you say and try it out! I got this result from the terminal using the command you advised i will do it again when i reboot! Thx for the help buddy!

Last login: Fri Aug 26 15:36:29 on console
Jamess-MacBook-Pro:~ USER$ ioreg | grep ATY
| | | | +-o ATY,Uakari@0 <class IONDRVDevice, id 0x100000224, register$
| | | | +-o ATY,Uakari@1 <class IONDRVDevice, id 0x100000225, register$
Jamess-MacBook-Pro:~ USER$

ThePsyion said:
I have tried with Yes before but i will do as you say and try it out! I got this result from the terminal using the command you advised i will do it again when i reboot! Thx for the help buddy!

Last login: Fri Aug 26 15:36:29 on console
Jamess-MacBook-Pro:~ USER$ ioreg | grep ATY
| | | | +-o ATY,Uakari@0 <class IONDRVDevice, id 0x100000224, register$
| | | | +-o ATY,Uakari@1 <class IONDRVDevice, id 0x100000225, register$
Jamess-MacBook-Pro:~ USER$
So when you have GraphicsEnabler=Yes, it is loading Uakari frame buffer, with this, if you check your System Profile graphic card property, it should identify ATI Radeon 5670 (not ATI Radeon 5000) and your graphic should be working fully with QE/CI

That was from the system without YES for GE, when i put GE Yes and reinstalled Chimera, setting YES for GE i am unable to boot, i used -v and everything seemed ok then it went to a gray screen. i am using the dvi port.. Any ideas?

So with GE=No and you have the Frame buffer loaded. What boot loader did you use before? Did you do any DSDT edit to inject the frame buffer?

You are experiencing this since OSX Lion ?

Hmm, maybe i should start again? Is there any guise that will help me? i don't want to have to upgrade snow leopard i just want to install Lion from scratch?

I'm having the same issue with the same card.

it worked up to 10.6.7, but somehow stopped working after 10.6.8

I managed to install and run Lion, nonetheless I don't have QE/CI... and I'm using Baboon framebuffer (Uakari, Vervet and Eulemur framebuffers work, but no acceleration either)
I even added the device id to Ati5000controller.kext (dev.id = 0x68D8) but still no go.
I've read somewhere that it should work out of the box with GE=no... but I've tried several times and I end up with a black garbled screen.

any ideas?

ThePsyion said:
Hmm, maybe i should start again? Is there any guise that will help me? i don't want to have to upgrade snow leopard i just want to install Lion from scratch?

you can install lion using a USB. google how to make a bootable usb with your copy of lion
Install the latest chimera with the newest FakeSMC.kext and your motherboard DSDT.
if you can't get the graphics to work, copy all the ATI kexts from 10.6.7 ( I uploaded them here viewtopic.php?p=188806#p188806 ) and boot the installer with GE=yes and AtiConfig=Baboon

let me know how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back