Contribute
Register

XFX GTS 250 vs 9800GT silent cell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in Spain, the XFX GTS 250 is around 115€, while the Silent cell is almost 140€.
The XFX I bought was indeed plug and play, using graphics enabler = yes.
Don't forget the GTS250 is a rebranded 9800GTX+.

so you're using the new xfx gts250 right now? how do you like it? i'd like to know if it's quiet! :)

The card just goes perfect, not enough testing yet.
Yes, it is quiet once OSX has started and the fan goes to idle (30% speed +/-). But, as I used to my old volt modded 9500GT fan that was almost noisless, I will change the XFX stock cooler for an Artic Cooling Twin Turbo.

Here is the card:
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150439

great!

could you tell me if the standard graphic effects in SL work? exposé / ripple effect / etc?

awesome i can't wait! i saw the MSI 250gts 1g for a bit cheaper so i'm considering that one... hopefully it works!

edit: just spoke on telephone with XFX customer support. i found out their offices are very close to where i live and they were very accommodating on the phone so they won me over!

i heard bad things about MSI tech support, so i went ahead wiht the XFX. let's go hackintosh!

spalek83 said:
javimdq said:
I will change the XFX stock cooler for an Artic Cooling Twin Turbo.

Did you do this yet? If so, was it worth it?
i have the xfx 250 1gb.

Not, yet. Yesterday I bought it, but installing the SSD was a priority. I will post the results here soon.

OK, installed the "Artic Cooling Twin Turbo" (2x92 mm fans) and the noise is almost inaudible. Great product. Also I think i could switch off the fans in idle, cause the heatpipes are cold enough.

Regarding GTS 250 models, there is an option: GTS 250 E-Green from Palit. Is a clocked down 250. Runs cooler and the difference in performance is only noticeable in demanding games.
Price here is 20% less than the XFX.

R.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back