Contribute
Register

Xeon E5-1650

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darren. You seem to have more than one Xeon built on a Supermicro board.

I just wish to know, do any of these have working speedstep, sleep and shutdown?

And do you have any way of verifying that the ECC functionality is there? Can you view any logs about corrected single bit errors?

I am desperately looking for the best or a good enough chance of building a single or dual CPU Xeon with all these (ECC, sleep, speedstep and shutdown) working.

Hi There,

Yes, I have 2 Dual Rigs based on Supermicro.
one with dual E5-2687V2 (IVB) X9DAI and one dual X5580 (dual 4 core 3.2GHZ, 16 thread) X8DAI
I just sold the X9 model as I wasn´t using it and it wasn´t running 100% as I would like.
The X8DAI however is running perfectly (just with a creative Audigy PCI Audio card due to ALC662 incompatibility)
This rig is with working sleep and EEC OOB, set up as Mac Pro 4,1 in SMbios.Plist, Sleep , shutdown restart etc all working perfectly.
I can recommend this rig to anyone, when paired up with a Supermicro CSE-743TQ-865B-SQ chassis, it is also very quiet, with working Hotplug HDD Drawers.

Hi Darren,

Just reviving this post as I'm thinking about going with dual processors. I want to beat / equal the 2013 12 core mac pro.

Do you think I'd be able to get a similarly stable system as you have using dual E5-1650's (6 cores, 3.5Ghz, 24 threads)?

Also this will be my first build so any tips and tricks you may have learnt on your build would be greatly appreciated! What are you using to cool the processors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back