Contribute
Register

Xeon E5 - 16 Cores/ 32 Thr Z9PE-D8 WS 12TB GeekBench 28,000

What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me? I couldn't even get OSX to boot. I created an USB-Stick with the latest Version of Unibeast and Mavericks. My Bios is Version 5103 x64, I disabled Speedstep and VT-d. When I boot from the USB-Stick I get a Kernel Panic "divide error" immediately after seeing the grey Apple. What can I do?

Thanks a lot!

Need more info than that, boot in verbose, and take a picture of the complete panic.

Thanks,
John

Need more info than that, boot in verbose, and take a picture of the complete panic.

Thanks,
John

Thanks John,
here is the KP-Screenshot. Booted with -v flag ....

Attachments

• KP.jpg
    KP.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 289
Hi folks... i finally changed the kernel and got away from the black screen (Thx to ZZerg!!!). Now it's hanging at "PCI Configuration begin" . Maybe you can help me out ouf this shizzle... ;)

Tested bootflags:

-v -f PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000
-v -f PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x3000
-v -f -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000

BIOS settings:

• VT-D OFF
• Speedstep OFF
• CPU count -> 1

20140110_154710.jpg

Edit:
After changing the GFX card from GTX780 4GB to a Nvidia FX3800 i am getting more close. Everythings booting, also "PCI configuration begin" is passing. At least there is the text "Bluetooth controller seems to be OK" and than blackscreen!

I only booted with the flag: -v -f -x

Ok... getting closer. OSX is loading, but i lost my VGA onboard cable for the ASUS board. I only get into OSX with a Nvidia FX3800... but no real picture. The gtx770 also doesnt work.

Edit: GTX 285 doesnt work either.

20140114_133708.jpg

Is there any possibility to install a nvidia kext onto the hdd with 10.9 to start it with a Nvidia card? Otherwise i have to get a new vga cable... dunno where i lost it.

Onboard VGA is Working... i installed Multibeast in Mavericks. Ethernet is working, but i cant install the Nvidia cards... 285, 660, FX3800.... wont work.

Any ideas?

Mavericks work perfectly whit hdmi change dvi out to hdmi and work gfx card

You got a 680... maybe it will work though. My GTX770 doesn't work at all. Tested with HDMI...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back