Contribute
Register

Xeon E5 - 16 Cores/ 32 Thr Z9PE-D8 WS 12TB GeekBench 28,000

What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, I can boot with Mavericks, but only using the onboard VGA... and not with my GTX 670.

I have followed the Mavericks install guide on Sal's thread, and tried everything suggested on this tread too. Still no luck :(

If anyone has any ideas i'd be very grateful. Thanks!

Paradigm : what bios are you on? Could be bios options too... That mobo has a zillion options. Which gpu are you using to test this?

Salcazar : can you tell me what did you patched inside the Kexts? I'm looking at creating a simpler solution (with dsdt + ssdt) but I need to know what you have changed.

Sal,

So do like me after the "pissed off" reaction goes away, chill and lets all work together to get this supported properly.

Peace,

A.

hello Paradigm,

I hope you are doing good. Can you please help and share a guide how this kind of beat is done step by step.

I mean the hackintosh setup guide on Asus Z9PE-D8 WS. I hope this forum is for helping than just reading. Because, I also want to setup a new beast hackintosh with that motherboard and 2 Xeon processors.

And if you could state if anything is not working.

With thanks,

Designer / Video Editor

Hi drnoodle, if you didn't boot yet your XEON V2, you need the Ivy-Bridge kernel. I was in the same boat as you, black screen after kexts, but I installed mavericks with the kernel linked below and booting Unibeast with these flags:
-v -f PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000

I have the supermicro X9SRA + XEON e5-2680 V2 + 64GB + XFX Radeon 6870.

http://www.osx86.net/files/download/3563-109-gm-ivy-bridge-e-kernel/

I did exactly the same like Salcazar... but it doesnt work:

• installed 10.9 with a Macbook on an external HDD
• booted 10.9 with the Macbook
• installed chameleon 2.2.1 (latest)
• installed FakeSMC (latest)

I Tried:
-v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 -> same blackscreen like before with Chimera...

Holy crap...

hello Paradigm,

I hope you are doing good. Can you please help and share a guide how this kind of beat is done step by step.

I mean the hackintosh setup guide on Asus Z9PE-D8 WS. I hope this forum is for helping than just reading. Because, I also want to setup a new beast hackintosh with that motherboard and 2 Xeon processors.

And if you could state if anything is not working.

With thanks,

Designer / Video Editor

This kind of install is very tricky, and there is no "SET IN STONE" guide for it. This motherboard is sadly very unpredictable, and your specific hardware can effect the outcome. I recommend you read through the forum, and then just try a few things, if you have problems, post the issue, and we can help, but beyond that, sorry, no "for sure" guide.

Best,
John

Can someone help me? I couldn't even get OSX to boot. I created an USB-Stick with the latest Version of Unibeast and Mavericks. My Bios is Version 5103 x64, I disabled Speedstep and VT-d. When I boot from the USB-Stick I get a Kernel Panic "divide error" immediately after seeing the grey Apple. What can I do?

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back