Contribute
Register

Xeon E5 - 16 Cores/ 32 Thr Z9PE-D8 WS 12TB GeekBench 28,000

What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Salcazar:

How do you install the Bootloader and other things? Please correct me, i isntalled it that way:

• External USB HDD plugged into MacbookPro
• USB Stick with Mavericks plugged into MacbookPro
• Booted MacbookPro with hold down "ALT" -> booted from USB stick
• Installed Mavericks 10.9 on external HDD
• After the installation i opened up multibeast and installed Fakesmc and Chimera 2.2.1 onto the external USB HDD

Now i am testing if this external HDD will work on my ASUS Z9PE-D8 with the Xeon V2.

Paradigm99 :

You can extract one yourself with DSDT Editor, altho I don't know if he patched it with something or not... I also do not know if it has a real impact.

Right now my rig is almost booting into Mavericks, but I'm still stuck, don't know if it's related to FakeSMC version (Salcazar mentioned it, but he hasn't replied on this) or maybe that DSDT I'm not using at the moment (he didn't mentioned it before).

He also doesn't mention how he got rid of "-f npci=0x2000"... I suspect it's related to the DSDT. It would be nice if he can share it, specifying which bios version this DSDT was made of.

Will run a battery of tests tomorrow when I have time and will let you know how it goes.

A.

I did exactly the same like Salcazar... but it doesnt work:

• installed 10.9 with a Macbook on an external HDD
• booted 10.9 with the Macbook
• installed chameleon 2.2.1 (latest)
• installed FakeSMC (latest)

I Tried:
-v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000 -> same blackscreen like before with Chimera...

Holy crap...

Why are posts been erased?

I wrote 4 posts after this one and i can´t see them!

Hey Arkanis, after finishing the "read hfs+ file......" section of boot, I automatically reboot before the final loading occurs, any thoughts as to why?

IGNORE THIS... WAS BECAUSE I HAD THE WRONG VERSION OF CHAMELEON INSTALLED (2109)

turns out the above was a permission error... used the install usb to fix that and repair... now stuck on bluetooth controller transport. I am now trying to see if removing BT kexts helps (as I don't use BT)

Found an updated version of the BT kexts, added those, now I just need to get past the Adapter VBUS initializing.

So after a few house of troubleshooting, I'm stuck at

NVDAGK100HAL loaded and registered
NVDAGK100HAL loaded and registered

Any suggestions? I'm going to bed will tackle in morning - hopefully with a solution =D

Paradigm99 :

I can't repost my ZIP file or tutorial because my post will be deleted since it doesn't comply with the forum "guidelines". Are you using the DSDT as I indicated ? The one I had provided was for 5103...

Other than that, it was the KEXTS, PLISTS configs and the bootloader.

I know that the version of FakeSMC can play here a role, and the DSDT got me definitely booting correctly.

You can ping me on Skype if you want and we can check it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back