Contribute
Register

Xeon E5 - 16 Cores/ 32 Thr Z9PE-D8 WS 12TB GeekBench 28,000

What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paradigm99:

The only way I got a proper install for 10.8.4 was doing as you, installing from a real Mac then modifying it. Also I had to use Salcazar Kexts otherwise black screen.

I'm running last bios and 3301 and I'm not having any kernel panic, just a black screen. Tried with a Quadro 6000 and a gtx680 and no dice. This board UEFI implementation is just crap, expecting Asus to issue some new version. Always getting a black screen.

Will try without nullcpu tomorrow.

i just think it was odd that i was actually able to "boot" and almost get to the install screen before kp.

would you try the bootflags i listed here with the gtx 680 and see if you have any luck:

-v -F npci=0x3000 graphicsenabler=no -x

Paradigm99:

Tried with those lines but no dice (black screen), will remove NullCPU and rollback and will give it another try in two hours and will let you know how it went.

Hope Salcazar can help-us a little on how he got his rig running.

Hey guys, now i´m at job, but when i arrive home i will attach the way i boot on mavericks.

It´s just with three kexts:

- IOPCIFamily (the allways issue with our mobo)
- IOACPI
- IOAHCI

+ Famesmc, AppleIntelEthernet...

(i think it was the three ones, as i said i will attach them here)

The big issue for me is that´s no speedstep working and no turbo.

I´m testing with clover bootloader in order to get it working.

Salcazar,

Thank you for chiming in ! Cool for the Kexts, will be eagerly waiting for those and test things right ahead.

For speedstep and turbo, I guess we are tied to the release of the new MacPro next december, to get a proper SMBIOS and I'm almost certain that an update to Mavericks will come out at that moment specialy tailored for our CPUs.

There is a patched kernel somewhere for our CPUs, have you tested it ? It's supposed to detect our processors, and we should at least get speedstep... but I haven't tested that myself.

See you later, and waiting for those kexts ;-)

Here we go.

Install with latest Chimera, Intel network, FakeSmc...

Arkanis, tell me more about the patched kernel.

I will investigate with Clover, but i think we have to wait until we have the newest SmBios from new Mac Pro.

As i said, AppleCpuPowerManagement loads without patching, but i have always same speed, i don´t know if we need to patch the bios (asus and other motherboards non gigabyte needs to patch the bios with PF Patch, i have done this week whit an Asrock Z87e).

I´m really hoping for a turbo solution!

Attachments

• kexts.zip
    412.2 KB · Views: 131
I got my new Z9PE board with one E5-2680v2. Same issue... i can't install Mavericks as well. Black Screen after dropping those loading lines. I tried:

-v cpus=1 -f -x
-v cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No
-v cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000
-v cpus=1 PCIRootUID=1 dart=0
-v -x

No luck at all :(

What about the Kernel mod? First install than change the kernel, or is there a possibility to change files on the usb installer stick? I want to try this one: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3606-109-ivy-bridge-e-lapic-fix-kernel/

What can i try to get 10.9 installed with the v2 XEON? Help strongly appreciated! Thx

The kernel referred to in the link is for Ivy Bridge boards, correct me if I'm wrong, but our motherboard and processors are Sandy Bridge.

The steps I followed to install Mavericks are:

1- Mavericks installed on my laptop Mac Book Pro

2- Before re-starting the installation, from another partition, i created a image of the fresh installation (without the initial configuration)

3- With the image DMG i restore it on the partition of the test disk for our system

4- I install Chameleon

5- I install Multibeast: FakeSmc, AppleIntelNetwork, SMBIOS (MacPro5, 1), DropSSDT, GenerateCPUPStates, IOAhciBlockStorage, USB3.0

6- Installation with KextBeast the 3 kexts that i attached yesterday (only valid for Mavericks)

7- Reboot with -v -f GraphicsEnabler=no

USB 3.0 kext is important because sometimes i didn´t installed it and the screen stayed black.

What bios you have tried Maverick

Latest.

Afer i renew my Graphics Card i need to be on new Bios, GTX 6xx and GTX7xx doesn´t work on previous Bios (0703 or lower) with my rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back