Contribute
Register

Xeon E5 - 16 Cores/ 32 Thr Z9PE-D8 WS 12TB GeekBench 28,000

What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paradigm99 : How is your FTW+ running ? Is it noisy ? temp wise ?

I'm looking for a GTX 680 for GPU computing for another workstation here at the studio, but we want something silent that doesn't run very hot.

Hey! I'm working with a beast of a PC, along the lines of these specs. It's got an Intel C600 SATA chipset that I just cannot get AppleAHCIPort to load for at all. The device injector kext I found (AHCIPortInjector.kext) looked promising but no go. I even tried adding the device ID that I read off the card. I was curious who has had success with this controller. Right now I can only boot the system off of USB as the other controller in this tower is an LSI SAS 2308 and it'll be a while before I can develop a stable build of my custom driver for that.

Hey! I'm working with a beast of a PC, along the lines of these specs. It's got an Intel C600 SATA chipset that I just cannot get AppleAHCIPort to load for at all. The device injector kext I found (AHCIPortInjector.kext) looked promising but no go. I even tried adding the device ID that I read off the card. I was curious who has had success with this controller. Right now I can only boot the system off of USB as the other controller in this tower is an LSI SAS 2308 and it'll be a while before I can develop a stable build of my custom driver for that.

Hi,

what is your device id?

If your having a problem with the C600 SAS/Sata controller, you may want to check Salcazar's post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/92937-help-intel-c602-patsburg-sata-ahci-raid.html

Hello,
I got the same MB and CPU's,
I gave up booting in SL.... since I have a evga 680 I can forget about Lion, so I'm Now downloading ML, But there is one issue I could not resolve, Where can i get the DSDT for the MB? in other words: What did you do to get it to work? (on a separate SSD Win 7 64 is Rocking away)

Thanks!

Thanks!
Joel Klein

its better to buy orignal mac pro rather than going for your build its almost same with the cost of hardware and orignal mac pro:thumbdown:

its better to buy orignal mac pro rather than going for your build its almost same with the cost of hardware and orignal mac pro:thumbdown:

post up a mac pro with the same specs and upgradability

For those having trouble with PCI enumeration, I have been informed that the latest BIOS 3506 includes fixes for this issue and
should work better with NVIDIA GTX 68x cards.
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=Z9PE-D8 WS&os=29

I won't have an opportunity to try as my GTX 680 is now in a different machine, but would be interested to
hear if it works?

Hello,
I got the same MB and CPU's,
I gave up booting in SL.... since I have a evga 680 I can forget about Lion, so I'm Now downloading ML, But there is one issue I could not resolve, Where can i get the DSDT for the MB? in other words: What did you do to get it to work? (on a separate SSD Win 7 64 is Rocking away)

I have your same setup. I didn't use any DSDTs, just kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back