Contribute
Register

Xeon E5 - 16 Cores/ 32 Thr Z9PE-D8 WS 12TB GeekBench 28,000

What would you use this computer for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i haven't install the AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext. do i have to install the kext using Clover?

Thanks.

Hi, i just install the kext but it didn't work. when i boot using the gtx970 the screen goes black. (using de 5slot)

HI all, :
My current system with this mobo and 2680v2 CPUs w/ an nvidia quadro k5000. I'd like to place a 3rd SSD (I have 2x Samsung 840 EVO 500GB) in this rig to give all of this a shot.

However, my setup is currently GRUB dual boot between Linux and Doze 8.1, and 5601 BIOS (was about to update to 5701 until I began reading through all of the forums, instructions, etc. Given that clover/chimera/chameleon will end up being the boot loader, how should I deal with GRUB?

Also, is the current ASUS BIOS update verboten if I intend to play with 10.10?

I'm not clear on a summary for the steps to do this with all the updates, so I'm scribbling some things down between this thread and the general 10.10 instructions. Is there an updated summary somewhere posted with a new 10.10 install on this system?

Many thanks folks!

@dyphonix could you please share your wisdom on how to patch the kernel for cpus=31 fix? I'm currently trying to get 10.10.2 working and I'm stuck at cpus=31 again however the old kernel doesn't work

this patch may work.

Code:
perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x00\x0f\x84\xbe\x00\x00\x00\x4c\x89\x45\x98|\x00\x00\x90\xe9\xbe\x00\x00\x00\x4c\x89\x45\x98|g' kernel

Fortunately I still have 10.10.1 vanilla kernel, so I checked binary diff and made this patch.
I understand this patch skips something, but I don't know skip what.

It works on Z9PA-D8 with 10.10.2... but I have no idea how to make GTX760 work on this board.

Hey cool thx will try that later :thumbup:

but I have no idea how to make GTX760 work on this board.

try to use MacPro5,1 and web drivers - I get my GTX780 working that way (maybe also GraphicsEnabler=No for installation)

Hey, I have always want to ask do I need a powerful GPU to do video editing???
I am currently using GTX660 right now, and I am gonna build a Hackintosh soon.
For editing 1080P video , and some rendering in Unreal Engine 4, do I need to update my GPU???

Thanks!!

@nikezzz
try to use MacPro5,1 and web drivers

Sadly it did not work for me...

I tried dart=0, npci=0x2000/3000, PCIRootUID=0/1, AppleACPIPlatform Rollback, patched IOPCIFamily, but no luck.
Always stuck at "IOAPIC: Version 0x20".

I think it's a DSDT problem, but I must use DSDT.aml to solve "Should have 16 threads but only found 15 for Die 1" problem.
( I can't boot it without DSDT.aml, so I extracted DSDT from Windows. )

Everything works except GeForce.
With onboard GPU, I got great geekbench score.

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/2284972

Oh I didn't notice that you're using v2s then MacPro6,1 should be fine I think - you're geekbench score is awesome :clap: in which Slot is your 760? Try to use the 5th or if you're already in the 5th Slot and using a DSDT try the first Slot.

Oh and be sure to activate IO Acceleration Technology in BIOS! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back