Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
What mother board do you recommend for Xeon Build? I want to do dual 6 core processors and need a recommendation for the best mother board.

What mother board do you recommend for Xeon Build? I want to do dual 6 core processors and need a recommendation for the best mother board.

What is it you'll be using this computer for ?

Im not OP but, Im interested in this topic as well. I would use it for engineering (3D, math computations, etc) and gaming on windows, and mac for daily use.

Since as of 10.8.5 and 10.9, I believe Haswell is natively supported. Does this mean Haswell Xeon chips will run w/o additional kexts?

Im not OP but, Im interested in this topic as well. I would use it for engineering (3D, math computations, etc) and gaming on windows, and mac for daily use.

Since as of 10.8.5 and 10.9, I believe Haswell is natively supported. Does this mean Haswell Xeon chips will run w/o additional kexts?

The new Mac Pros will have the Ivy Bridge E Xeons. Starting with the base Quad Core E5-1620 V2
See this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-ad...nformation-speculation-thread.html#post686583

These will be the most well supported by Mavericks once the New Mac Pros are released
in December. That would be my choice to build with for the best chance to get CPU power
mgt. and sleep etc. working on a Xeon CustoMac. Not sure which motherboard(s) will be
the best paired with one these IB Xeons but we'll know in a couple of months. That will
be a build worth doing in my opinion. I want to have everything fully working just like
a Mac that Apple sells.

TRS 2013-10-22 at 12.11.45 PM.jpg

These are the Specs of the entry Quad Core Xeon Mac Pro. A single AMD gfx card version of this
could easily be self-built for around $2000 or less. (but in a much larger enclosure!) You'd likely be more
limited on the Th.Bolt 2 options with your own build.

hey~ have you buy 1620 v2? I use the e5 1620 v2 to build my hackintosh, with free dsdt. However, I fail to use native powermanagement and my computer is very very slow...... So I use nullpowermanagement kext to enter OS X....... I wanna get some advise about power management & dsdt & ssdt & VoodooTSCSync from people use the same cpu e5 1620 v2, thank you very much in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back