Graphics
Nvidia GT 520
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm trying to install Xcode 4.3 on a fresh 10.7.3 install. I struggled to get the App Store working (the "device could not be verified" thing) but now it seems fine.

When I click on Install on Xcode in the App Store it downloads the 3gb file but instead of getting the "Install Xcode" app in Applications, it seems to install itself automatically. Problem is, Xcode.app ends up in the Applications folder instead of the Developer folder and I don't have anything related to Xcode in the Developer folder, only about 350mb but that's Qt stuff that I also installed.

I'm able to start Xcode but I don't have any tools installed. For example, I'm unable to use the "make" command to build a source, it says command not found. It is indeed not where it's suppose to be... or anywhere else for that matter.

I tried deleting the Xcode.app in the Applications folder, which gave me the opportunity to install again from the App Store but it did the same thing again.

I've looked around the forums and everybody seems to have started with 4.0 or 4.1. Maybe its something about 4.3?

Anybody experienced a similar issue? I'm puzzled as to what to try next.

Thanks!

Run Xcode, go to Preferences->Downloads and get what you need. On the Developer Site are additional downloads available (Tools like IORegistryExplorer).

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-02-28 um 15.52.55.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-02-28 um 15.52.55.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 179
  • Bildschirmfoto 2012-02-28 um 15.49.11.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-02-28 um 15.49.11.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 185
Thanks karacho, that fixed it! At least now I have my "make" command. Still nothing in the Developer folder tho. Did that suddenly changed in 4.3?

Thanks again!

Well would you look at that! :rolleyes:

That does actually make way more sense this way. Thanks for your great help karacho! :thumbup:

Hi Charlibee,

Would appreciate if you could elaborate on how you resolved the "device could not be verified" issue.

thanks
Jalal

That really was a nightmare and I'm not even sure what actually fixed it. If you search the forum you'll find a bunch of threads on the subject. I don't have any history of which one I followed unfortunately.

Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back