i7-8700k
Graphics
hd 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm building an x99 (probably Asus X99 Deluxe)/i7 5930K/EVGA Titan X board for CUDA programming. I'd love to have a single machine on my desk, so I'm interested in perhaps running OS X on the box as well as Linux. My parts are going to be fairly standard, but I am aware that this is a new configuration and might not be trivial to get running.

In order to reduce the friction, and before I commit the dollars to this project, I'd like to know if there are brands of motherboard/GPU that work more reliably than others. I'm not interested in exploring the weirder corners of the PC part universe, or overclocking, so I'm hoping that by sticking with well-known brands and bog-standard Intel chipsets and parts, I will improve my chances of success (and reduce latency on getting system updates when they are offered.)

Any thoughts or considerations more than welcome. I'm new to this community, but have been using Macintosh since 1986.

I'm building an x99 (probably Asus X99 Deluxe)/i7 5930K/EVGA Titan X board for CUDA programming. I'd love to have a single machine on my desk, so I'm interested in perhaps running OS X on the box as well as Linux. My parts are going to be fairly standard, but I am aware that this is a new configuration and might not be trivial to get running.

In order to reduce the friction, and before I commit the dollars to this project, I'd like to know if there are brands of motherboard/GPU that work more reliably than others. I'm not interested in exploring the weirder corners of the PC part universe, or overclocking, so I'm hoping that by sticking with well-known brands and bog-standard Intel chipsets and parts, I will improve my chances of success (and reduce latency on getting system updates when they are offered.)

Any thoughts or considerations more than welcome. I'm new to this community, but have been using Macintosh since 1986.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=asus x99 deluxe + 5930k would seem to prove the board and CPU will work - you might try a search for the GPU, but I think it works with the nVidia web drivers same as the Maxwell GTX9xxx series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back