GeForce GTX970 SSC
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my first hackintosh build as well as my first computer build ever! These are the things that I plan on using my system for and the programs I plan on running:

I plan on using this system for music creation/production and some video editing. I will be running a boat load of programs and I need to know if that parts I have picked are the best for the things I want to do. Also I will be using it for various business tasks such as, document creation, web surfing, emailing etc. This machine will not be my daily driver though! It will only be used for the tasks I have listed above.

These are the programs I plan on running:
-Pro Tools 11
-Abelton Live 9
-Komplete 10
-Maschine
-Traktor Pro 2
-Sibelious
-Focusrite Scarlett audio interface software
-Adobe After Effects
-Adobe Premiere
-Adobe Photoshop
-Adobe Audition

This is the list of hardware that I will be using as well:
-Maschine Studio (midi controller)
-Komplete Kontrol s49 (midi keyboard)
-Akai Professional MPK261 (midi keyboard)
-Focusrite Scarlett 20i20 (audio interface)
-(2) JBL LSR308 Studio Monitors

I want to build an X99 based machine running the latest version of Yosemite and here are the parts I have picked thus far:
CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k (I want to overclock it to about 4.0 ghz to 4.3 ghz)
MoBo: GA-X99 UD4 or UD5 (I'm not sure which one to use so I need help deciding on that)
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+
PSU: Corsair RM Series 750 Watt (I used a PSU calculator and 750 watts is plenty for all of this hardware)
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB DDR4 (2 x 8GB dims) [I know you get better memory bandwidth using quad channel memory but I am trying to save some money since DDR4 is still kind of expensive]
CPU Cooler: Corsiar H100i
Storage: 2 Samsung EVO 850 250GB SSDs in Raid 0 and 4 1TB WD Red Drives in Raid 10
Case: Corsiar Obsidian 750D

Please let me know if any of these parts don't work with each other or if there are better parts for the things I've listed above. Also if someone can help in walking me through on how to properly overclock the 5820k and deciding helping me decide on either getting the GA-X99 UD4 or UD5! I'm trying to keep this build as close to $2,000 as possible.

Thank you guys :)

This is my first hackintosh build as well as my first computer build ever! These are the things that I plan on using my system for and the programs I plan on running:

I plan on using this system for music creation/production and some video editing. I will be running a boat load of programs and I need to know if that parts I have picked are the best for the things I want to do. Also I will be using it for various business tasks such as, document creation, web surfing, emailing etc. This machine will not be my daily driver though! It will only be used for the tasks I have listed above.

I want to build an X99 based machine running the latest version of Yosemite and here are the parts I have picked thus far:
CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k (I want to overclock it to about 4.0 ghz to 4.3 ghz)
MoBo: GA-X99 UD4 or UD5 (I'm not sure which one to use so I need help deciding on that)
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+
PSU: Corsair RM Series 750 Watt (I used a PSU calculator and 750 watts is plenty for all of this hardware)
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB DDR4 (2 x 8GB dims) [I know you get better memory bandwidth using quad channel memory but I am trying to save some money since DDR4 is still kind of expensive]
CPU Cooler: Corsiar H100i
Storage: 2 Samsung EVO 850 250GB SSDs in Raid 0 and 4 1TB WD Red Drives in Raid 10
Case: Corsiar Obsidian 750D

Please let me know if any of these parts don't work with each other or if there are better parts for the things I've listed above. Also if someone can help in walking me through on how to properly overclock the 5820k and deciding helping me decide on either getting the GA-X99 UD4 or UD5! I'm trying to keep this build as close to $2,000 as possible.

Thank you guys :)

As far as I understood, a GA X99 UD5 or SOC FOrce would be more indicated if you want to overclock it. I want to make a similar build, but using a 5960x instead and still looking for advice.

Keep us posted,please!

I am probably going to get the SOC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back