Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Spent hours doing a clean install of final El Cap, it was a real PITA compared to installing the GM... It's up and running finally. I created an installer with "createinstallmedia" and Clover r3272 and had to continually modify/minimize the config.plist to get it installed without a KP. I've attached what finally worked... Luck to anyone doing this.

View attachment config.plist

Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 12.44.11 AM.png

Ran migration assistant to bring my Yos stuff over and everything is running, but performance versus Yos is lacking... Under full load there is a problem keeping the CPU maxed. Thinking it's going to be awhile before this is a viable OS for X99.

Just looked at your Config.plist how ever you didn't have KernelHaswellE in your Config.plist so give the one i attached ago put FakeSMC and Ethernet and VoodooTSCSync kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11.

Attachments

• config.plist
    2.9 KB · Views: 251
Just looked at your Config.plist how ever you didn't have KernelHaswellE in your Config.plist so give the one i attached ago put FakeSMC and Ethernet and VoodooTSCSync kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11.
Once again you comment on things you know nothing about... If we needed the KernelHaswellE patch it would in the config.plist... VoodooTSCSync is clearly shown and there's no need for a Ethernet kext to do an install...

EDIT: Also please remove your config.plist from your post so as not to SCREW people that might follow your uninformed lead. When you're running a X99 box feel to contribute with proven facts, otherwise you might want to avoid useless contributions.

Considering I've got a X99 hack :lol: No need to patch kernel when using KernelHaswellE if you look in Clover wiki it tells you.

Considering I've got a X99 hack :lol: No need to patch kernel when using KernelHaswellE if you look in Clover wiki it tells you.
Really, what are your X99 specs, I don't see them... If you where running El Cap on a X99 you'd be bragging 'bout it rather a sig with h77, please spare us... The wiki is very out dated. I won't get into a pissing match with you on this. I'm posting from a fresh El Cap X99 install without the patch, so come back when you figure it out...

Really, what are your X99 specs, I don't see the... The wiki is very out dated. I won't get into a pissing match with you on this. I'm posting from a fresh El Cap X99 install without the patch, so come back when you figure it out...

GA-X99-UD3 Core i7 5820k Corsair Dominator 32GB GTX960.

Really, let's see some screenies... If you do have this setup you probably followed my guide to do the install. The 5820 clearly doesn't need a patch so your comments are contradictory... I won't do anymore of this with you, if you have something to say take it to PM. Otherwise, please avoid my threads, I don't want them contaminated with nonsense.

EDIT: Show me this...

Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 3.11.27 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back