Contribute
Register

x99 ASUS Sabertooth Clover troubles (UEFI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone!

I am working on a Yosemite build on an x99 UEFI motherboard with a Haswell-E CPU.

Here's my build:

Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH X99 ATX
CPU: Intel i7 5820k @ 3.30GHz
GPU: GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO
RAM: Ballistix 4 x 4GB DDR4-2400

So far I have been able to use UniBeast to install OS X onto this PC, but when I go to start doing the Clover post-installation work, Clover refuses to install because I can't get Yosemite to boot without the -x bootflag.

I figured out that messing with EFI's requires a non-safemode boot, but I keep getting to this place and getting stuck:

image1.jpg

In this particular screenshot I have a couple extra bootflags added after tinkering around trying to bypass -x. For example, I don't need maxmem=4096 or dart=0 to boot, just npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 -f -x and then the default bootflags for unibeast.

But like I said, with those bootflags, Clover refuses to install with UEFI only drives, and I can't bypass this through the terminal in safemode.

Any suggestions at all?

Also I have been loosely following this guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjMXkB2wMWE

Up until the post installation Clover work, and then I have been poking around for days trying to fix this problem.

disable the serial port in the UEFI. Apple kext does not like for some reason. That is how I initially got past this point on my X99 build.

I actually managed to solve my problem last night by removing some IOBluetooth.kext files from the Unibeast installer, then re-installing OS X. This got me where I needed to go.

But now I have a new problem with Clover. When I try to boot from the OS X SSD without the unibeast USB, I get some kernel panic error about AirPort configuration.

I have FixAirport checked in Clover Configurator and even fewer resources on the internet to explain to me why it's freezing up lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back