Contribute
Register

X99 Asus Deluxe + Parallels Desktop 10 (Windows) OS X 10.10.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi bmoag,

Thanks for your response. I have tried installing directly from a Win 7 and 8.1 ISO image but I get the same issue, it don't want to install. I'm waiting forever.

The point is, I can't get either Windows 7 or 8.1 to install. I believe it's a compatibility issue with the X99 setup. I'm hoping someone who has an X99 system can shead some light on this.

Thanks

I have the same issues. It's not just Parallels Desktop but also VMWare Fusion 7. I'm able to install Windows 7 on the latest version of VirtualBox, tho. The GUI is kind of laggy in VirtualBox but it's usable.

My setup:
Intel Core i7-5820k
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming 5P
32gb RAM
EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5

Assigned 4 cores, 6gb RAM, and 512MB VRAM to virtual machine, it's still very slow and un-usable on VMWare Fusion and Parallels Desktop.

iWanderer,

Did you get any warnings, Did you enable Intel Virtualization Technology in the bios?

Has anyone else got Windows to install on Parallels Desktop 10 on an X99 machine?

Thanks.

I have been able to install Parallels and migrate machines, but when running them I get freezes and beachballs that ultimately hang the machine, even if the mouse moves and keyboard lights light up.

i7-5820k
Gigabyte X99M-Gaming 5.

Parallels worked perfectly on supported chipsets, so I think it freezing is a casualty of X99 being unsupported.

At least Terragen renders, but it would be nice to keep the same functionality.

And another good reason to use VMs is because it's far easier and less time consuming to save to an archive backup than it is to do the following on a native Windows system:

1. reformat
2. re-enter license key
3. phone call to re-activate
4. reinstall apps, hoping I remembered to de-activate them beforehand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back