Contribute
Register

X99 and El Capitan Install and Misc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get installation to start, as soon as usb starts booting it restarts.

I have GA-X99-UD4 with i5820 and Nvidia GTX 970.

I did load of optimized settings, disabled VT but I can't get it to work.

Installer is made by Unibeast.

Any suggestions what to do next?

I have sorted it with kexts from the thread and now I'm on 10.11 :headbang:

Hello and Happy New Year community!

I’m using the ASUS Rampage V Extreme along with Core i7 5930k and ASUS Strix GTX 970. I am using Clover as bootloader with the MacPro 6,1 SMbios on 10.11.2. I have managed to unlock SIP to fix graphics issues. However, I was stuck on getting a fix for the audio which is the ASUS Supreme FX (apparently a Realtek ALC 1150) as the ALC1150 provided in the latest multi-beast didn't work out for me.

So, I have browsed over the guides and with a mixture of solutions and patching (don’t remember well which one, so many were they, some of them provided by Toleda) along with a provided SSDT3 I have manage to get audio working in el Capitan. However, when I plug earphones in the front panel, the system detects it and the sound in system preferences changes from “built in speakers” to “headphones” but no sound is outputted through the port. I am trying to extract DSDT to make ethernet “built-in” for iMessage issues but after compiling and fixing errors, I can’t save the new aml, it’s still greyed out. Lastly, any hint of how to fix USB to make ASMedia usb 3.0 on the back work?

I would appreciate your help on this.

Cheers,
Hans

What does this mean? What does "About this Mac" have to do with lan not working? Are you saying when you boot to the HD you don't internet access?

Thanks, I have figured out why. All I needed to do was to put the kext in the EFI in 10.11 folder to get it load at boot.

Are you referring to the "Ethernet" section in the System Profiler? I have my Intel LAN detected on my X99 machine, but my X58 runs two Marvell Ethernet controllers which are NOT detected by System Profiler. Make sure they appear under the Networking section in System Preferences and you're fine. As long as it WORKS, it's probably cosmetic in System Profiler.

Yes, I am referring to the section in system profiler. Anyway thanks, I have figured out the solution was to put the kext in the EFI partition under 10.11 folder instead of installing it to S\L\Extensions as SIP was activated. Now, I have posted something new about audio and seeking for help on this.

Thank you community.

Cheers,
Hans

Has anyone taken the plunge to 10.11.3? I'm still sitting back here on 10.11.1.

I'm also looking to upgrade to the ASUS motherboard you mentioned as an upgrade to my Shuttle SZ77R5 Barebones machine. Using Unibeast / Multicast I have never had to patch anything and everything seems to "just work" so to speak after running multibeast to get audio and ethernet working. I have an external USB wifi which works using the installers from Realtek.

Are there any special steps you had to take to get El Capitan working other than running unibeast / multibeast?

Also the ASUS board comes with a lot of extras which appear to be unlocked when running windows. Is the motherboard overkill when running OS X on it and not taking advantage of these extra features?

Yes, I am referring to the section in system profiler. Anyway thanks, I have figured out the solution was to put the kext in the EFI partition under 10.11 folder instead of installing it to S\L\Extensions as SIP was activated. Now, I have posted something new about audio and seeking for help on this.

Thank you community.

Cheers,
Hans

Hi Hans88,
I have your same cofiguration, only for me,: i7 5820k. Can you post/help me, the correct procedure to have video hw accelleration, and sound working...?!

Thanks.

Hello dear Hackintosh God! :D
Im starting my own hackintosh project for working purposes, i have the same Gigabyte x99m Mobo as you and 5280k and a 9600GT before I get a newer GFX, I've been following your tutorial:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-support/172983-x99-el-capitan-install-misc.html
but im having trouble to boot installer, i know 10.11.3 has been more compatible with this hash well-3 computers but can you guide me to have my computer funcional? Thank you very much sir!

Hi Hans88,
I have your same cofiguration, only for me,: i7 5820k. Can you post/help me, the correct procedure to have video hw accelleration, and sound working...?!

Thanks.

Hi Lucke, sure I'd be glad! I assume you got success with all the preliminaries. So, I will skip that and go direct to the point.

First of all you need to make sure that you are using Clover as boot loader and make sure that these are included in your boot arguments: nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000 I would also recommend "-v" for the time being to see what's going, might the system hang up! Now in OS X make your update to 10.11.3 if you didn't yet. Download the latest Clover Configurator from this link http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download/ mount the EFI partition, Open the config.plist and change your SMBIOS to MacPro 6,1. Keep in mind that the Magic Wand might probably generate an invalid serial number and you might need to create your own serial number. This guide; http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html#TOP4.1 might be of great help to have a solid foundation and a valid/working iMessage is what would confirm this. Following this, go to RtVariables and insert 0x28 in BooterConfig and 0x3 in CsrActiveConfig to disable SIP. Save this config and reboot with the same arguments mentioned above.

Back in OS X, go to terminal and write this: "defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES" press Enter and relaunch Finder, this should unhide System folders. Go to System/Library/Extensions and save a copy of AppleGraphicsControl.kext and AppleHDA.kext.

Open Terminal, type this: sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist (note that this is all on one line) and in the text search this line: <key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key> and change <string>Config1</string> to <string>none</string> press Ctrl+O and then press Enter to save the modification and Ctrl+X to quit. Now we need to rebuild the kernel cache; type this in terminal: "sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel" press enter and wait, then this one "sudo kextcache -system-caches" and reboot with same arguments mentioned above.

Back to OS X, go to this link: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/97587/ , download the latest driver and install. Before restarting, open Clover Configurator, open your config.plist go to "Boot" and enable nvda_drv=1 save and reboot. Now your graphics should work! I have guided you straightly according to our own specific hardware model. If you need the full guide; http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html

For your sound make sure that there is nothing enabled for audio in Clover Configurator. Then, go to "Devices" and under audio type number "1" in inject then save and exit Clover Configurator. Go to this link: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html and head to "Unsupported/Non-working Realtek ALC AppleHDA" then "2. X99/Intel High Definition Audio (Workaround requires 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6)" but ignore what's written and head directly to "2. ssdt injection (Any boot loader):" and download the provided SSDT instead of patching the DSDT. Open Clover Configurator, mount EFI partition and go to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched and paste the downloaded SSDT there. Now, download the attached AppleHDA.kext I have uploaded which was provided by Toleda. Download iKext or kextbeast app to install this AppleHDA.kext reboot and audio should work fine!

Sleep is still an issue I'm investigating in.

I hope I was able to help you.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    915.6 KB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back