Contribute
Register

X99 and El Capitan Install and Misc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't image any bios settings or config.plist choices that would prevent web drivers from installing...
I assume you have uninstalled the previous drivers.

Yep, never had previous web drivers since trying for the first time on 10.11.2. When I made a clone of my working 10.11.1 it had the GTX 780 working with native OSX drivers. I upgraded the clone to 10.11.2 and that's where the trouble started. 780 would not work with either OSX or nVidia web drivers. I then upgraded to 980 Ti and couldn't get web drivers working.

Guess it's back to research this or wait for 10.11.3 to give it a try.

Well, what do you know, got this to finally work but not 100% sure how.

Here is what I did. Everything is different than my first attempt:

1) My 10.11.1 working system has the GTX 980 Ti and web drivers installed.

2) I made a fresh clone of the 10.11.1.

3) Initial boot was with nv_disable=1 (only step same as before)

4) I got a popup from nVidia asking to update my driver which I did

5) I manually changed the Mac 6,1 display port to "none" with manual cache rebuild. Before I used a patched kext and kextbeast to install.

6) Rebooted and all of a sudden graphics is working LOL

I am going to test for a day or 2 on my clone before overwriting my original 10.11.2.

Well, what do you know, got this to finally work but not 100% sure how.

Here is what I did. Everything is different than my first attempt:

1) My 10.11.1 working system has the GTX 980 Ti and web drivers installed.

2) I made a fresh clone of the 10.11.1.

3) Initial boot was with nv_disable=1 (only step same as before)

4) I got a popup from nVidia asking to update my driver which I did

5) I manually changed the Mac 6,1 display port to "none" with manual cache rebuild. Before I used a patched kext and kextbeast to install.

6) Rebooted and all of a sudden graphics is working LOL

I am going to test for a day or 2 on my clone before overwriting my original 10.11.2.

Can you post your patched kext from 10.11.2? I don't want to reinstall everything, and I beleive the kext is the culprit.

Can confirm, overwriting AppleGraphicsControl.kext was a bad idea. Reverted one from backup machine and everything is fine now.

Can confirm, overwriting AppleGraphicsControl.kext was a bad idea. Reverted one from backup machine and everything is fine now.

Cool, that must have been it then. For anyone else having problems with Mac Pro 6,1 and web drivers for 10.11.2, use the solution to problem #4 in the post below:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html

Probably safe to assume that patched kext no longer works (or need a new one) so use this manual method on all future OSX updates.

Hello..

I installed successfully El Capitan on Dual XEON E5-2680 v3 with Nvidia GTX 960 or GT 740 and latest Nvidia webdrivers.

Now my problem, what I am working for many weeks without success: With nv_disable=1 the system is working almost smoothly with a little bit flickering, but with nvda_drv=1 unresponsive and laggy like hell! :evil:

Does anyone have tips or ideas? Please help me to get a smoothly working system..

I´m posting it here, because the chipset C612 of Asus Z10PE-D8 WS is similar to X99.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Hello..

I installed successfully El Capitan on Dual XEON E5-2680 v3 with Nvidia GTX 960 or GT 740 and latest Nvidia webdrivers.

Now my problem, what I am working for many weeks without success: With nv_disable=1 the system is working almost smoothly with a little bit flickering, but with nvda_drv=1 unresponsive and laggy like hell! :evil:

Does anyone have tips or ideas? Please help me to get a smoothly working system..

I´m posting it here, because the chipset C612 of Asus Z10PE-D8 WS is similar to X99.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Sounds like there is a loading or install problem with your Web Drivers - check out this thread here for troubleshooting - http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html. I would suspect that your issue is not with the C612 chipset, but more likely something found here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does anyone have iStat Menus working on their X99 platform? It appears that the temp sensors are not showing up properly. I initially suspected this to be a bug with how the FakeSMC plugins work in El Capitan, as I also do not have the sensors working on my Intel NUC, but yet they work fine on my X58 system... All plugin kexts injected by Clover in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/. Anyone have insight?

Thanks!

-IC

EDIT:

DOH! I'm running an old FakeSMC with new plugins. Updating, hopefully that fixes it.

EDIT 2: No dice.

Hi,

I am using a Rampage V Extreme, Core i7 5930k, ASUS Strix GTX 970. I've installed el Capitan with unibeast, which is using Clover bootloader. After installation I've booted on the new installed OS through the USB drive's bootloader and I was able to have the LAN detected/enabled. Following this, I have installed clover on the new Macintosh HD and installed the Intel LAN but when I've booted back to el Capitan I can't have the Intel LAN detected in the "about this mac" section. Any help on this please?

Thanks,
Hans

when I've booted back to el Capitan I can't have the Intel LAN detected in the "about this mac" section
What does this mean? What does "About this Mac" have to do with lan not working? Are you saying when you boot to the HD you don't internet access?

the Intel LAN but when I've booted back to el Capitan I can't have the Intel LAN detected in the "about this mac" section. Any help on this please?

Thanks,
Hans

Are you referring to the "Ethernet" section in the System Profiler? I have my Intel LAN detected on my X99 machine, but my X58 runs two Marvell Ethernet controllers which are NOT detected by System Profiler. Make sure they appear under the Networking section in System Preferences and you're fine. As long as it WORKS, it's probably cosmetic in System Profiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back