Contribute
Register

X99 and El Capitan Install and Misc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you installed Clover on the SSD?

You didn't do the post install procedure or just the part for the boot loader. To do this use clover or multibeast. Boot from your usb and select your ssd when you are in the clover installer package. For multibeast there is a whole guide that I think is on the front page. If you didn't do the post install stuff at all, you also need to find the kexts for your motherboard(multibeast would be easiest). I wish you luck.

I installed clover using the same settings as this screenshot...should i have used some other settings as well?
151988d1442903497-x99-el-capitan-install-misc-clover-install.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you installed Clover on the SSD?

I tried installing clover with the "bootloader" option checked, every option in there it throws up a code when trying to install saying "this program may be incompatible with this version of OS X and may not install correctly" then when i click install anyway it fails to install...not really sure what im doing wrong?

I followed the guide, but I cannot boot into installer. I turn off secure boot and it says disable. Turn off csm, VT, Sata to achi. My mobo has an option to boot from efi of USB. I use it and it says secure boot is enable or I need digital signature for efi shell.

I have stucked here for 2 days with 3 different USB and various setting

Here is my rig
I7-5820k
Asus X99 sabertooth
Gtx980 ti

Thank you

I followed the guide, but I cannot boot into installer. I turn off secure boot and it says disable. Turn off csm, VT, Sata to achi. My mobo has an option to boot from efi of USB. I use it and it says secure boot is enable or I need digital signature for efi shell.

I have stucked here for 2 days with 3 different USB and various setting

Here is my rig
I7-5820k
Asus X99 sabertooth
Gtx980 ti

Thank you
In Bios choose "Other OS".

I did set it but it doesn't help. Still boot into the bios setting screen ( I did disconnect the Sata to my window drive)

Gotta love this board... El Cap 10.11.2 final.
Easy OC @ 4.5

desk.png

Unbootable system after 10.11.2 update on my hardware. Unsure what caused it, but I'm just gonna restore for now. No issues with 10.11.1, so no need to update, in my book.

Unbootable system after 10.11.2 update on my hardware. Unsure what caused it, but I'm just gonna restore for now. No issues with 10.11.1, so no need to update, in my book.

After updating to 10.11.2, my GTX 780 that has never needed web drivers no longer is identified correctly so neither native or web drivers will load.

I'm thinking this is due to the Mac Pro 6,1 definition so I may try to change this. I've never made changes to the definition after getting iMessage all working so if I used clover to change to say Mac Pro 5,1, will that screw up my iMessage?

Update - USB 3.0 card randomly started working so it's just my video card that's not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back