Contribute
Register

X99 and El Capitan Install and Misc

Status
Not open for further replies.
El Cap doesn't need/use "kext-dev-mode=1" and "GraphicsEnabler=No" isn't a Clover boot flag.

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Boot#Arguments

I think I'm doing something absolutely wrong because I'm almost certain I will immediately get a boot failure if I don't use "kext-dev-mode=1" flag.

I'm using both npci=0x2000 and kext-dev-mode=1 to get to the Missing Bluetooth Transport Controller error. Perhaps, I need to look into missing boot flags to make it work.

^^^ Post your config.plist.

Good to know. I have 5960x and x99-e ws. Does removing debug=0x14e lead to instant reboot? I have started to narrow this down to a 5960x problem rather than asus x99. You don't need kext-dev-mode=1 btw.

i used to guide to install yosimite and works fine :), and yes it reboots if i dont use debug. I dont get any instant reboots it always gets stuck get pci config before it reboots. :banghead: i think the reboot has to do with -x, i had to use -x safe mode to install yosumite but if i use -x on el cap it reboots instantly.

I'm in the same situation as you. Stuck at PCI Config and then the Missing Bluetooth Transport Controller error.

And I tried Injecting Nvidia as suggested.

No joy.

Boot with -s. When you see the prompt "root:":

Type: mount -uw /
Type: cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type: mkdir intel_back
Type: mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
Type: touch ../Extensions

Reboot and use -v flag.

I am having issues with this guide. I made the bootable USB but when I go to boot off it boots directly into windows after trying to load the USB. I tried UniBeast and can get clover to load but I get this "couldn't allocate runtime area" message when booting into the El Capitan Installer in verbose mode.

I have a fresh Samsung SSD that's wiped and windows 10 on an M2 drive.

Any idea what the issue may be?

Still no joy. I'm getting stuck at PCI Config and then "Missing Bluetooth Transport Controller" error. I'm now using safe mode so I know it failed if it rebooted. I got tired of pressing the reset button. :lolno:

Attached is my config.plist.

View attachment config.plist

Boot with -s. When you see the prompt "root:":

Type: mount -uw /
Type: cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type: mkdir intel_back
Type: mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
Type: touch ../Extensions

Reboot and use -v flag.

I can't seem to get the "root:" prompt. I tried booting with only -s and it still gives me the same bluetooth transport controller error. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back