Graphics
Vega Frontier Edition
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey TonyMac Forum!

I mainly used Unibeast to install Sierra 10.12.6 on my rig! Everything works except the second of two monitors. I would appreciate any help in this matter!

Heres my build!

•GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4

•Intel Core i7-4820K Ivy Bridge-E Quad-Core 3.7GHz (Turbo 3.9GHz) LGA 2011

• Mushkin Radioactive 994069Y DDR3 UDIMM 32GB kit 4x8GB PC3-12800 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 Frostbyte Yellow 1.5V (Q2 64GB TOTAL)

• ASUS GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5 GeForce GTX 760 2GB

• ASUS GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5 GeForce GTX 760 2GB

•OWC 240GB Mercury Accelsior E2 PCI Express Solid State Drive

•128 GB SSD (ScanDisk X110) •500 GB SSD (ScanDisk) •4GB HHD, 5GB HHD & Q3(Storage)

•TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter, 2.4GHz 450Mbps/5GHz 450Mbps, IEEE 802.1a/b/g/n, WEP/WPA/WPA2

•InWin Silver 909 Case

Installed using the following USB Boot method.

UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

Placed Kexts (AppleIntelE1000e.kext, FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, VoodooTSCSync.kext [4-core]) Config.Plist SSDT.aml SSDT.aml1 From Raxxxge X79 in the UniBeast EFI

What I used:

16GB USB stick

Wired keyboard

Wired mouse/wireless mouse

Used BIOS settings from TonyMac, F10 Save & Exit

Step 1:

Downloaded Multibeast, Unibeast, and from tonymacx86.com. Sierra 10.12.6 from App Store. Once I downloaded these, plugged in my USB stick.

Ran Unibeast. Keep clicking continue, selecting Sierra where necessary, and then select to install Unibeast onto the USB stick. Injected Nvidia Web Drivers.

Once Unibeast has finished installing onto USB, moved over the newest Multibeast onto the USB. Then restarted the computer.

Step 2:

Once I restarted the computer, pressed F12 to choose the boot drive USB Unibeast(UEFI-PMAP) and select and press enter on the USB drive.

Step 3:

Formatted the drive and choose to boot the OS using Disk Utility from the Apple Menu. Close Disk Utility.

Once at the installation process, kept hitting enter and choose the OWC 240GB Mercury Accelsior E2 PCI Express SSD(hard drive) to install on. Install Sierra (15-20 minutes), then automatically restart computer and hit F12 again.

Step 4:

Hit F12 again and selectted the USB Unibeast(UEFI-PMAP). This time, selected the hard drive that I installed Sierra on. Hit enter. Went through the process of setting up iCloud etc.,

Step 5:

Using Raxxxge x79 Post Installation

On Sierra Desktop: Enabled TRIM with commands in Terminal: “sudo spctl --master-disable” and then “sudo trimforce enable“.

Install Clover Bootloader with Clover Package:

If EFI didn’t automatically mount, Used EFI Mounter to mount EFI for Sierra.

Placed Kexts (AppleIntelE1000e.kext, FakeSMC.kext, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, USBXHCI_FL1009.kext, VoodooTSCSync.kext [4-core]) Config.Plist SSDT.aml SSDT.aml1 From Raxxxge X79 in the Sierra EFI

Step 6:

After I installed drivers and kext files, opened up audio Command inTerminal: “audio_realtekALC-120.command”

Step 7:

Installed Nvidia & Cuda Drivers from Nvidia website!

Step 8:

Restarted rig and mostly everything works!

Except the second of dual monitors! Both Graphic cards actually show up in the “System Information” under “Hardware” “Graphic/Displays” but only the one that works shows the PCI “Slot-1”. The other card doesn’t show “Slot-2”. And under “Hardware” “PCI” Only Slot-1 video card appears.

Thanks for any support and help to get my second monitor working!

TonyMac forum is appreciated!

How did you eventually fix it?

How did you eventually fix it?
I don't have the GA-X79-UP4, GeForce GTX 760 2GB anymore! But I recall an Nvidia driver update fixed it and both monitors appeared. These Seiki Pro 28" 4K monitors are great, but the menus are a pain because they are touch sensitive and difficult to navigate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back