Contribute
Register

X79 BigSur Will it Work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had exactly the same problem before, it solved when I followed this post to avoid broken NVRAM. Hope it is useful for you.

Hi all and Merry X-mas!
Here is my working EFI (no theme folder and no IDs) w/ Clover 5127 for ASUS P9X79 (BIOS 4608) and i7 3820 (Sandy Bridge).
Thanks for this. Working on my LE board with older bios. How stable has your system been? And when you say no IDs what does refer to? All the best for the new year.

Thanks for this. Working on my LE board with older bios. How stable has your system been? And when you say no IDs what does refer to? All the best for the new year.
I have no much time to test this build with BS - just checked that I can install BS with this USB stick, the OS is booting from the HDD and everything is detected in the System report.
IDs are SNs in the SMBIOS section.

Here is my EFI, all working on Catalina and BigSur, I actually have a 3rd party usb card with Asmedia Chipset and it is working fine nothing needed. For the on-board usb 3 i have USBXHCI_FL1009.kext.

I deleted serial number, so just fill that in. I don't think its perfect but it works

Edit--- I see my asmedia is the 1142 version
I check out a bit further and test more about my USB3 Issue.
Thats really weird !!!!
USB3 Work with Keyboard and mouse but not with Flash or Hard Drive...... which is kinda problematic at some point.
i do not have audio card or other USB3 peripheral to test.
the same OC folder work fine if i boot on my old High Sierra Hard SSD and USB3 work like a charm i really guess its something i miss with Big Sur and ASMEDIA 1042 :(
Any Idea about this kind of problem ?

I was getting ready for a potentially painful Clover Catalina -> OpenCore Big Sur conversion and... this was a perfect drop-in EFI for my setup with no adjustment needed. Went right through the upgrade with no issues. Thank you so much!

Hello

here is my OC 6.3 Working on Big Sur for P9X79 WS with i7 4930K Radeon RX580
Was working previously with Catalina 10.15.7 just made few update to made it work on Big Sur.
If that can help someone

i'm sure it perfectible but at least it work !!!
How to process create an USB Installer.
Copy EFI folder.... Enjoy

View attachment 498132

Here is my EFI, all working on Catalina and BigSur, I actually have a 3rd party usb card with Asmedia Chipset and it is working fine nothing needed. For the on-board usb 3 i have USBXHCI_FL1009.kext.

I deleted serial number, so just fill that in. I don't think its perfect but it works

Edit--- I see my asmedia is the 1142 version
Hi Ryan

I used your efi on my X79 box; it booted all right and the installation started but it stopped with 15 minutes left. No crash, no freezing since the mouse keeps working. I repeated the installation process three times, but it always stopped with 15 minutes remaining to the installation. Any suggestion?
Thanks

Thanks everyone, the oil burner lives! These EFI's all worked for me on Catalina but I could not get the Big Sur installer to work. My mouse would move in the Big Sur installer but I could not click on anything. The missing piece for me was the IOHID Family Patch. Asus Sabertooth X79.

Before thanks to CLOVER COnfigurator in my Devices / Properties tab I had my devices declared and displayed in about this mac thanks to the work of MalDon, does it help with declarations or is it only cosmetic?

And to complete my previous post here is another capture of the patches that I had to apply on CLOVER so that the power management and the good speed steps are declared / recognized
edit: just copy/paste >add in device (propertree) to show PCI in about this mac.
not help for my usb3

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 13.01.45.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 13.01.45.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 13.00.58.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-02-13 at 13.00.58.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Thanks @Ryan Thomas! Your OC EFI worked like a charm! I'm running a very similar system to yours: ga-x79-up4, i7 4930k, rx580. just installed Big Sur and all seems to be working well. Thanks again!

Thanks @Ryan Thomas! Your OC EFI worked like a charm! I'm running a very similar system to yours: ga-x79-up4, i7 4930k, rx580. just installed Big Sur and all seems to be working well. Thanks again!
Do you mind to upload your Files? It Will be Great to share it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back