Contribute
Register

x79 and gtx560Ti full resolution without bootlist??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS X79 Sabertooth
CPU
Intel Core i7 3930K
Graphics
SLI'd MSI Twinfrozr GTX680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've got my new workstation all up and running with 10.7.1
- i7 3930K
- Asus Sabertooth x79
- 32gb corsair dominator
- 3x intel 520 120GB SSD's (1 scratch, 1 win7, 1 OSX lion)
- MSI GTX 560 Ti

My last hackintosh was awesome! Everything worked perfectly - was built around sabertooth x58. However, with this new build i don't have an extras folder within Macintosh HD and as such no bootlist either.

My question is, without a bootlist how can I have my graphics card fully supported and running at full resolution? Is it even possible? I tried installing Chimera, but after installing I could not longer successfully boot the OS and needed to reinstall it.

I've edited the NVDAGF100Hal.kext myself with no luck and then tried MB to do the same with no success either.

Any help would seriously be appreciated!!
Thanks.

HEY , I MY SYSTEM IS RUNING WITH OS X 10.6.
WORKING PERFECTLY BUT CAN'T CHANGE TO HIGHER RESOLUTIONS

HERE IS MY SYSTM DETAILS:
GIGABYTE H55M USB 3 MOTHERBOARD
CORE i5 1ST GEN INTEL PROCESSOR.
8 GB DDR 3 RAM
55GB SEAGATE HD
ZOTAC GEFORCE GT520 GRAPHICS CARD

CAN SOMEBODY HELP SO THAT I CAN CHANGE MY DISPLAY
TO HIGHER RESOLUTION.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

I know that the thing under my name said noob not so long ago, but even a noob should know what thread jacking is!!! Take off ya hoser!

Anyway…
I download the official drivers from Nvidia and discovered they only work on 10.7.3, so after updating the OS I installed the Nvidia drivers and rebooted. Problem is the OS wouldn't boot without DSDT=no npci=0*2000 PCIRootUID=0, once booted though I had full 1920x1200 resolution. However, not wanting to freaking type DSDT=no npci=0*2000 PCIRootUID=0 during every boot, I ran MB again. After running MB the OS boots properly, but the resolution is back down to only 1024x768.

Any body out there in the same situation? No boot.list to edit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back