Contribute
Register

X58A_UD3R. Optical Audio not recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG GL502VM
Hello all. I've been on my hackintosh for a while now and just finished my home media center with the dolby digital 5.1 system. So i set up my hackintosh to my TV (Image looks fine). And i can plug the audio in through the receiver to the green port just fine.

When i try to use Optical audio its not even sending the signal out as the laser is not showing from the other side at all.

When plugged into my xbox the optical cable emits a laser. When plugged into my computer. Nothing.

Im on the latest Voodoo HDA. I was on The ALC8xx and the rollback for my ALC but that didnt work so i uninstalled that and installed Voodoo. Either way my Headphone port audio works fine but not my optical. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Sam.

Something simple, perhaps?

Have you changed the Output from the green line out to the optical out in System Preferences > Sound > Outputs?

Yes and it says that there is no controller for this device and has the circle with line through it when i try to change the volume.

... bump? Same problem :(

Samchavles said:
Yes and it says that there is no controller for this device and has the circle with line through it when i try to change the volume.
That is normal for digital audio in OS X. The device processing the digital audio (TV, receiver, etc.) has the volume control. OS X only controls analog audio by design. On the other hand, no light is not normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back