CPU
Intel 6-core i7-980
Graphics
XFX-HD577x-Z5F3
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have successfully installed El capitan, but when I try to boot into the install it automatically reboots, I can still boot to my clone of Yosemite from clover, and usually I am able to get to the recovery partition as well. When I boot -v it restarts right after a panic, I have tried both with CPUs=1 and without. I can't figure out what to do.

My ACPI settings:
Fix USB
Fix HPET
Add DTGP
Fix Darwin
AddMCHC
Fix IPIC

Attachments

• With.jpg
    With.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 118
  • without .jpg
    without .jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 113
I have successfully installed El capitan, but when I try to boot into the install it automatically reboots, I can still boot to my clone of Yosemite from clover, and usually I am able to get to the recovery partition as well. When I boot -v it restarts right after a panic, I have tried both with CPUs=1 and without. I can't figure out what to do.

My ACPI settings:
Fix USB
Fix HPET
Add DTGP
Fix Darwin
AddMCHC
Fix IPIC
Are you using a DSDT? If yes, do not use any of the Clover DSDT patches.

I am not using a DSDT

Then remove all of the clover patches, install NULLCPUPowerManagement.kext and boot.
Post results.

I removed the kext as mentioned above and removed all the patches in clover, added NULLpower kext and it got to this, then restarted.Some progress, I'm still a little lost.

Attachments

• IMG_0030.jpg
    IMG_0030.jpg
    791.5 KB · Views: 128
EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other (I have removed the numbered folders), in clover it is set to inject kexts.

Set to inject kexts = Yes or <true /> or something right, not "detect"?

Have you tried with and without cpus=1 with this?

If you're in Legacy mode, you're changing EFI/CLOVER/kexts on the system drive not on the EFI partition, right?

Someone said they had better luck putting NullCPUPowerManagment.kext in /S/L/E/ though I'm not sure why that would be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back