Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Last year I built my replacement computer for my next studio setup. Works 100%, but audio has unacceptable latency in Logic Pro X, so I decided to Geekbench it today. These scores are abysmal, definitely nothing like I bargained for. My Ivy Bridge X79 build is kicking the schit out of this one at 3613/19194 vs 1136/10210 for the 19 10-Core Skylake with double the RAM at double the speed (though somehow its reading 1500MHz). And the boot time from post to the boot loader is pretty long too.

What could I possibly have screwed up?
@kgp @CaseySJ @P1LGRIM

Attachments

• GB5 - MultiCore.png
    GB5 - MultiCore.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 37
  • GB5 - OpenCL.png
    GB5 - OpenCL.png
    141.3 KB · Views: 38
  • GB5 - Scores.png
    GB5 - Scores.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 33
  • GB5 - SingleCore.png
    GB5 - SingleCore.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 34
  • GB5 - Specs.png
    GB5 - Specs.png
    65 KB · Views: 37
  • Mac Info.png
    Mac Info.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 39
  • EFI.zip
    39.7 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
My Ivy Bridge X79 build is kicking the schit out of this one at 3613/19194 vs 1136/10210 for the 19 10-Core Skylake with double the RAM at double the speed

Are you sure about those scores from your x79? Are they from Geekbench 5?

Are you sure about those scores from your x79? Are they from Geekbench 5?
The X79 scores are from Geekbench 4, I run El Capitan on that one.

You can't compare Geekbench 4 and Geekbench 5 scores against each other as they use different scoring profiles and different tests. It's like comparing Apples and Oranges, two completely different things.

If you want to compare the two systems, use the same version of the Geekbench app.

Thanks, and sorry to waste your time, its on par with similar builds. Still lags significantly in audio and boot time, and for some reason Geekbench reads the RAM at 1500Mhz. Don’t know why.

Might be cosmetic issue in Geekbench.

You may need to check your bios to ensure your memory timings are set correctly. 'Auto' usually does the trick if you don't know what other options to use.

If you have a RAM speed multiplier enabled in your bios, check which multiplier is being used. 1333MHz ram might be pushed to 1500MHz instead of the standard 1600MHz speed. Might also be worth looking to see if an XMP profile has been enabled.

Thanks, and sorry to waste your time, its on par with similar builds. Still lags significantly in audio and boot time, and for some reason Geekbench reads the RAM at 1500Mhz. Don’t know why.

DDR = Double Data Rate. If Geekbench is reporting 1500MHz, you are running 3000MHz RAM.

Try running the latest version of Geekbench.

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 1.31.16 AM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back