Contribute
Register

X299 build with i9-7900X, GA Gaming 7 Pro and Vega 64 – extremely laggy UI/low FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus X299 Prime Deluxe
CPU
Intel Core i9 7900X
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all, new hackintosher here!

I have the following setup for my first build:

Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Pro
i9-7900X
Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64

I followed @kgp's guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ac-pro-successful-build-extended-guide.229353, and I can boot from the installer.

I also managed to get through the installation after some time, despite massive UI lag. Once installed, i ran the Cinebench GPU benchmark, which gave me 0.97 FPS. Feels like I missed something obvious here, any suggestions on what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Markus

Thanks, I will try with your EFI folder.

I'm using 10.13.3. I haven't used any BIOS patch, but I have updated it to the latest version (F3c).

Thanks, the UI lag is gone now, but there is another issue.

CSM support has to be disabled, right? But if I do so, DisplayPort does not work, only HDMI does.

The thing is, once macOS is booted using HDMI, I can switch to DisplayPort, but neither the BIOS nor Clover work over DisplayPort. That is if CSM is disabled.

Ok, with CSM enabled, at least one of the DP ports works, when using the other two, it boots to a black screen with a cursor.

Are you still using your USB clover to boot?

No, I am already booting from the SSD, so recognizing the USB drive doesn't seem to be related to this.

Ok. 10.13.4 beta 4 fixes that.

Great, I only use one Display anyways, so I can definitely live with one DP for now.

No, I am already booting from the SSD, so recognizing the USB drive doesn't seem to be related to this.

Great, I only use one Display anyways, so I can definitely live with one DP for now.

Hi @reitermarkus

I'm a newbie on hackintoshes but I'm planning to use a pretty similar build as yours, can I ask you some stuffs? I don't know how tu use direct messages here on tonymac forum, feel free to message me.

I'd appreciate, thanks!

I'm a newbie on hackintoshes but I'm planning to use a pretty similar build as yours, can I ask you some stuffs? I don't know how tu use direct messages here on tonymac forum, feel free to message me.
The Rules said:
Private Communications
  • Private messaging is only enabled once a user has 75 valid posts.
  • Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back