Contribute
Register

WWDC 2023 Announced for June 5-9

I think part of the reason for the decline of Mac sales was that the M1/M2 Macs people bought in 2020-21 are still fast enough to keep using without needing to upgrade. Those two pandemic years saw a huge upswing in Mac sales and those people are continuing to use them.

I think part of the reason for the decline of Mac sales was that the M1/M2 Macs people bought in 2020-21 are still fast enough to keep using without needing to upgrade. Those two pandemic years saw a huge upswing in Mac sales and those people are continuing to use them.

I'm still not buying that story. IDC and Gartner have been way off on their guesses many times before. I think they are wrong again. I'm hoping AAPL drops more so I can add more shares.

IDC and Gartner have been way off on their guesses many times before. I think they are wrong again.
I dont think their numbers are correct either. But it is likely sales are down somewhat year over year. As the whole industry trend is showing.

I dont think their numbers are correct either. But it is likely sales are down somewhat year over year. As the whole industry trend is showing.

Yeah. I think they are down too but 40+%? I don't think so. Seems like click bait to me. What makes it worse is that everyone on the internet just repeats it as if it were fact. It isn't. If Apple doesn't release number of Macs sold, how would they know?

Yeah. I think they are down too but 40+%? I don't think so. Seems like click bait to me. What makes it worse is that everyone on the internet just repeats it as if it were fact. It isn't. If Apple doesn't release number of Macs sold, how would they know?
I've heard Apple only declined 11/14% vs 40% for the general PC market. Don't have a link handy but I never heard 40% from anywhere I'm paying attention to for Apple themselves.

M1/M2 Macs people bought in 2020-21 are still fast enough to keep using without needing to upgrade.

Depending on how much memory they got with their M1/M2. Honestly I can not see how anyone doing anything other than some office work, and Internet browsing if they only have 8GB of memory. I got a 32GB Mac Book pro I knew better then to get the 32GB but I did. I will likely give this Mac Book to my wife and buy one with 64 or even 90GB in the next 3-6 months. While the chip might be fast enough the memory choices in the M1 exp the first few options was on the skimpy side.

Apple just announced WWDC 2023 will be held June 5-9. Like the last few years it will be an online event, with the keynote address being broadcast on Monday, June 5th. Expected is news about the next version of macOS, which may or may not include Intel. As far as Mac hardware, a new Mac Pro could make it's appearance.

Mark your calendars for an exhilarating week of technology and community. Be among the first to learn the latest about Apple platforms, technologies, and tools. You’ll also have the opportunity to engage with Apple experts and other developers. All online and at no cost.

What would you like to see announced?

Source:

Hello. I take this opportunity to thank you for achieving this page of great importance to me, for 10 years. Thank you

I'm still not buying that story. IDC and Gartner have been way off on their guesses many times before. I think they are wrong again. I'm hoping AAPL drops more so I can add more shares.
I apology to pastrychcef and others because the link (it was highlight from Yahoo Finance) here included speaks of IDC and NOT AAPL. So as pastrychef correctly says is NOT AAPL reporting the news but IDC. Full disclosure I own a large amount of AAPL (and in private pastrychef I can prove it to you if you want). I also believe that now the computers section as pastrychef correctly says, is very low. Also the cash status of AAPL is very significant. I did not sell in 2022 and I will not sell my shares. On that note the shift to M1/M2 I believe will tarnish the Hackintosh community that I am sure is using many peripherals produced by Apple (I am). Again thousands apologies

Mac Pro with Radeon gpu based on navi 31. That means support for the new 7000 series which are faster than Nvidia 4000 series in video editing apps like Resolve!

Max Tech is saying no new MP reveal in June.

Back