Contribute
Register

WWDC 2012: The Official Thread - Live Blog Roundup

Status
Not open for further replies.
My .02 cents. It seems that MacPro update was just a slap across the face. :oops:

Let's look at the positives of today. We now have USB3 native support in Lion.

All the iOS stuff means nothing since I still prefer to have the iPhone Jailbroken. It just runs better this way and I really don't know why. o_O

If LGA 2011 never comes out then looks like o_O Ivy Bridge will be a good update for now. Once, Thunder Bolt is common place a lot of those boards will be wonderful. :headbang:

I hope I am not too far off the path with the community.

Woooow the new MacBook Pro with Retina Display, perfect for designers !!!!

i feeeel :crazy:

----
Apple...the best
?????

Solidww said:
My .02 cents. It seems that MacPro update was just a slap across the face. :oops:

Let's look at the positives of today. We now have USB3 native support in Lion.

All the iOS stuff means nothing since I still prefer to have the iPhone Jailbroken. It just runs better this way and I really don't know why. o_O

If LGA 2011 never comes out then looks like o_O Ivy Bridge will be a good update for now. Once, Thunder Bolt is common place a lot of those boards will be wonderful. :headbang:

I hope I am not too far off the path with the community.

You are very much correct, we should be looking more at the positives of today, but we all hoped for so much more. I think the part that really bothers everyone is the fact that we won't be seeing new support for graphics cards. Every other mac line uses a mobile GPU. The mac pro was our only hope for continued native support. Not only that, but a lot of the people on here built their own Mac because the Mac Pro was so out of date. It wasn't even an update, it was a price reduction and they got rid of a few models. I and I'm sure a lot of other people on here feel like apple just give high end computer users a big middle finger.

Post keynote rumors were talking about a new Mac Pro in 2013.
Maybe still some hope for new support GPU....? maybe...

So Apple started shipping new MacBook Air/Pro with Lion (Mountain Lion in July),
but the hardware is Ivy Bridge, does anyone know how the Lion
support Ivy Bridge and HD4000 video?

Apparently they've done this in the past. On those they have a special version of Lion that you can't get. Lion probably won't see ivy bridge support

humenbean said:
In all seriousness, Apply is being pretty smart.

Pro users that have laptops go for the Mac Pro > Laptop.

Pro user sits there and goes f#ck it I'll buy that laptop. Only $2500. 1/3 of what I wanted to pay for a Mac Pro. 6 months later Mac Pro comes out. They buy Mac Pro. If both get released at the same time most pro users will skip the laptop.
This could be true. Maybe Apple waits for Ivy Bridge-E CPUs, because SB-E doesn't have Thunderbolt integration ;)

Edit: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=63874 :thumbup:

DrewManto said:
The graphics on the updated Mac Pro are a joke.

ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB [Add $200.00] ???

$200 to upgrade to a 5870 lol

All Apple genuine hardware are overprice now and in the future. This is the reason I went with a hack. Apple makes very good and nice looking products, but they are all overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back