Motherboard
Asrock z77 Professional M
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
EVGA gtx 760 Ti 4GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
As I explained here I installed ML on my G74SX. I had some audio problem which seemed to be solved by an edited AppleHDA.kext I found recently in the web.

But I always had some video card ram problem. With latest Chimera versions my video ram was always halved. I thought it was some bootloader bug problem, because with chimera 1.9.1 or 1.9.2 memory was correctly detected.

Today I found another dsdt by the same guy who posted the AppleHDA.kext, and I tryed it. With that kext, all works fine, but memory is not correctly detected, no matter which bootloader I use. So I start thinking that problem is not in the bootloader, but in the DSDT.
My previous dsdt was extracted through linux, and patched with g74sx patch from olarila.

So, resuming:

With old DSDT, using chimera 1.11 or recent chameleons, video ram reported was 1536 MB
With old DSDT, using chimera 1.9.1 or 1.9.2, video ram reported was correct, 3072 MB
With new DSDT, no matter which bootloader I use, I always get 2048 MB ram

I am not that expert to find what is wrong :S. I will post both DSDT, in case someone can understand better than me what is wrong.

Attachments

• DSDTS.zip
    48.3 KB · Views: 56
ok, I found a way by myself. Now vram is correctly displayed as 3072 with latest chimera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back