ATI 4800 and 6780
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Today I upgraded my HP Probook 4730s. I was never really happy with the Notebook because of the Graphic Glitch - Problem. I could not really solve this issue. I also have a Desktop Hackintosh and this one works great since years.

But the notebook was behind.

Today I installed: A new screen, 1080P. I bought it for 100 Euro. Plus a SSD Harddrive from Samsung.
The change of the screen was done in 10 Minutes. No issue at all. There are a lot of descriptions within Internet.

The difference is unbelievable. The speed is great. Boot Time from HP - Screen. 15 s. The display is another world.
The Graphic Problem is gone. 100%. It is sharp and light. Like a Macbook Display.
Now it is fun.

I can really recommend. My Probook has 8 GB RAM.

Thanks to the person who recommended this within this forum.

halvar100

Does anyone know if I can replace screen in my Probook 6460b? Currently I have 1366x768 resolution and it would be great to have a higher resolution.

Does anyone know if I can replace screen in my Probook 6460b? Currently I have 1366x768 resolution and it would be great to have a higher resolution.

Some of the 6460b laptops come with a 1600x900 screen. Look at laptopscreen.com...

Some of the 6460b laptops come with a 1600x900 screen. Look at laptopscreen.com...

I found this: http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/HP-Compaq/643915-001

643915-001 number was written in the guide of my laptop, so I think this one is OK.
Do you know if that screen from laptopscreen.com is all I need? Are there any additional cables/parts that I would need or can I just use the things I already have in my laptop?

And most important: Will it work with OS X? If yes, will it be problematic to set it up correctly (to work well in OS X)?

I found this: http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/HP-Compaq/643915-001

643915-001 number was written in the guide of my laptop, so I think this one is OK.
Do you know if that screen from laptopscreen.com is all I need? Are there any additional cables/parts that I would need or can I just use the things I already have in my laptop?

And most important: Will it work with OS X? If yes, will it be problematic to set it up correctly (to work well in OS X)?

You may need a different cable (dual-link). I think it is likely the 1366x768 models come with a different cable than do the ones with 1600x900.

There are plenty of examples of people here with 6560b 1600x900 working...

Looks like the shippment would cost me more than 40$. The price would jump up to around 100$. That's a lot, so I'll have to think about it.

What's more I don't know if I would really see a diffeence between my current 1366x768 and this 1600x900.

Which graphics card you use? Radeon or integrated (hd3000 right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back