Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys
i am gonna be building this system and I was wanting to know a few things these are my specs-
Ocz modxstream 600w power supply
i5 3570K
Cooler Master hyper 212 evo
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
8gb corsair vengeance
ocz vertex 4 128gb for mac
60 gb corsair force 3 for windows
1tb segate barracuda storage
Sony disk drive

i was wonder if I got the wifi version of the mobo if it would work and are there any suggestions or improvements that can be made to it

Hey guys
i am gonna be building this system and I was wanting to know a few things these are my specs-
Ocz modxstream 600w power supply
i5 3570K
Cooler Master hyper 212 evo
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
8gb corsair vengeance
ocz vertex 4 128gb for mac
60 gb corsair force 3 for windows
1tb segate barracuda storage
Sony disk drive

i was wonder if I got the wifi version of the mobo if it would work and are there any suggestions or improvements that can be made to it

60Gb is not really big enough for a Win7 drive unless you intend to move your users folders to a platter drive. Personally I would go with a pair of Samsung 830 128Gb SSDs.
The PCIe card in the WiFi version of the board doesn't work in OS X, so you would be wasting your money there.

Other than that, you should be OK with that build.

I would do that but I need 2 ssd for under $155

Just a storage drive for movies and music and stuff

Then here is a suggestion - partition it with a 100Gb partition for OS X Users files, a 200Gb partition for Windows User files and apps, and the rest for storage.
Install only the ML OS & apps to the OS X partition on the SSD and only the Windows OS on the Windows partition, moving all your /Users for both OSs to the platter drive.

Is there a detailed guide on how to do that

Is there a detailed guide on how to do that

Yes, but I don't have access to my bookmarked links atm. Will post them up later if you are interested.

Would you please :thumbup::headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back