Contribute
Register

Would a quad core work on a GIGABYTE GA-H55M-S2H?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i3
Graphics
GT 640
I'm thinking about buying a

Intel Core i5-760 Lynnfield 2.8GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80605I5760
19-115-067-TS

for my

GIGABYTE GA-H55M-S2H
13-128-420-TS

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product

It will work right? Also would it be a huge improvement from my dual 3.33ghz i3?

From the page you linked to:

"CPU Type - Core i7 / i5 / i3 / Pentium (LGA1156)"

Vendetta said:

yeah I know. I just want to make sure the motherboard could handle that processor. But yeah. thanks.

jackson10t said:
Vendetta said:

yeah I know. I just want to make sure the motherboard could handle that processor. But yeah. thanks.

Yes, it can. :D

Vendetta said:
jackson10t said:
Vendetta said:

Yes, it can. :D

Comparing to my i3 3.33Ghz, how much faster is it? Is it extremely noticeable? thanks!

jackson10t said:
Comparing to my i3 3.33Ghz, how much faster is it? Is it extremely noticeable? thanks!

That's pretty hard to say. It depends what you're doing. It depends on the if the process is CPU intensive, as well as if the software supports multiple threads.

Is it noticeably faster in benchmarks? Yes. Is it noticeably faster in real world use? That's more subjective, and again, it really depends on what you're doing. For some things it will be, but for others it won't make a difference. For most people, they wouldn't notice the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back