Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Im building a i5 2500k, 6850, 8gb hackintosh my main use is video editing, cs5 and some gaming like WoW, MW3, and SWTOR. I would also be hooking up to a 65 inch TV to watch blue-ray movies with my disk drive. So my main question is should i also use windows for gaming due to preformance?

I use my hackintosh for gaming with little issues. I don't play WOW, but I play Portal (and Half-Life 2), Civ V, and StarCraft II with no problem. The Sims 3 gives me weird graphics tearing issues, though...

Build your system, install the games you want to play, and if they work and run the way you want, you shouldn't need Windows.

emillzz45 said:
Im building a i5 2500k, 6850, 8gb hackintosh my main use is video editing, cs5 and some gaming like WoW, MW3, and SWTOR. I would also be hooking up to a 65 inch TV to watch blue-ray movies with my disk drive. So my main question is should i also use windows for gaming due to preformance?

IMHO, yes, stick with Windows for gaming if it's an option. On my particular configuration (and on my iMac), there is still a significant performance advantage for most 3D games (like, all of my Steam games) under Win 7. Oh, and you will want to use Windows for Blu-Ray as well.

I also play WoW and D3 with no issues, games look fantastic.

Hi !!

Honestly, windows won't be necessary on your build for Blizzard Games like Starcraft, Diablo, or WoW.

But, and there is a but, you will need tweaking a little WoW (personal experience) to get the IPS stable (At first, I went to 150 FPS to 16 FPS every few seconds, I tweaked with the maximum FPS tolerance to 40 and it always blocked at 39.9 FPS.). Also, for First person shooters, like CoD, Windows will be needed to get the additional perks like CUDA or Eyefinity, or even 3D Gaming.

I also play Diablo III no problems 560Ti. PlayOnMac can help you install/play windows games on mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back