Contribute
Register

[Works] Sapphire 6450 512MB full CI/QE

Status
Not open for further replies.
shibirian said:
Panzerino said:
PLEASE DO NOT advice the users to enable their GraphicsEnabler=Yes! This IS NOT GENERALLY valid for this card!!

Well, seems like you've run into the same VGA-issue as mcbyte_it above. Interesting.

Have you tried to boot with HDMI or DVI?

My monitor does not have HDMI port. Either dvi. It is an old horse :)
But despite the "dead" DVD player, I have fully working QE/CI and hardware acceleration too! Full HD plays in movist with 6-7% CPU.
In launchpad, this smooth transition of the pages is ALSO not possible without fully working QE/CI- nobody mentioned this like criteria, I think.

I think simply your card ID is in the Chimera ATI.c list, or in the ATI 6000 kext list- if you open the info.plist in this kext, all card vendors are 1002. Mine is different-1787, but I'm afraid to edit the kext- my system works very well either.

Well, what should happen when you put your device ID into it? (For the record, I did not.) At boot the entry is checked and if not valid ignored. ;)

Anyway, when your system works fine that's great. :)

For another record, the entry into the kext should be 0x67791787 then under "IOPCIMatch".

Right-click Ati6000.kext and "show package content"...then edit Info.plist with a plist-editor. Repair permissions and reboot.

I also have the type set to "iMac12,2", and i tried both with and without a DSDT.
the rest is very similar to your card.

anyway, I have no problem in getting an HDMI cable, I didn't use one before because the 4670 with only hdmi didn't show the bios booting stuff, it started displaying video only when the windows driver got loaded, while with this one i get everything since the bios messages till the Mac...

shibirian said:
Well, what should happen when you put your device ID into it? (For the record, I did not.) At boot the entry is checked and if not valid ignored. ;)

Anyway, when your system works fine that's great. :)

For another record, the entry into the kext should be 0x67791787 then under "IOPCIMatch".

Right-click Ati6000.kext and "show package content"...then edit Info.plist with a plist-editor. Repair permissions and reboot.

Because, if you add this ID there, on boot the system may crash. And I will be unable to restore without booting form rBoot ( and if this will work!)... and the mess will follow. I have too much programs at my Lion HDD now to make "experiments".
And why to do this? only to show the exact name of the graphic card?
What I will win, using the Bulrushes and not the Mac generic one ATI framebuffer?

You, the Germans, are brave peoples.
I'm small, shy man. :lol:

Shibirian Can you share your dsdt file? I have a ATI6450 card, too. Thank you in advance.

wyh216 said:
Shibirian Can you share your dsdt file? I have a ATI6450 card, too. Thank you in advance.

Sure, I've used the one for my mainboard (GA-EP45T-UD3L) from Tony's DSDT list. It's custom made for my board, so I am not if that helps you a lot, since I've also never modified anything in it ;-(

dsdt.php

I am using the latest Chimera from this site here too, and that should do the trick with this card, I think.

question, is 6450 full supported by ORIGINAL APPLE kext? or did you install a modded one?
i want to know if you can put on the card even in a new installation

thank you

oh, why do you change your 4670 with a 6450? the first is a lot powerfully than the second :eek:

iba said:
question, is 6450 full supported by ORIGINAL APPLE kext? or did you install a modded one?
I installed Chimera which adds support for 6xxx cards. I have no idea if the card would be correctly identified under Lion otherwise. I used no modified kexts or anything else for making it work.

oh, why do you change your 4670 with a 6450? the first is a lot powerfully than the second :eek:
Because of issues with Sleep and the Framebuffer did not work correctly with Lion unless the card was used with VGA output. ;-(

I can't get full QE/CI working (openGL is very slow and many apps requiring video acceleration are not working... e.g. DVD player).

My card is the same as yours:

Sapphire HD 6450 / 1024 MB

lspci output
-------------------
ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:6779] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Subsystem: PC Partner Limited Unknown device [174b:e164]
-------------------

I noticed the following thing: AtiConfig=Bulrushes and AtiPorts=3 are correctly set by the bootloader (as I see in the log), but once logged I still see the generic framebuffer:

ioreg | grep ATY
| | | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@0 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000317, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (5744 ms), retain 7>
| | | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@1 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000318, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (9 ms), retain 7>
| | | +-o ATY,ATY,RadeonFramebuffer@2 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000319, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (8 ms), retain 7>
-------------------------

It looks like that the framebuffer code cannot be loaded for some reason, I suspect my ATI KEXTs are not up-to-date. Can you upload your ATI KEXTS please? (ATIRadeonX3000..etc. ATI*)

BTW: I have the SAME exact issue on SnowLeo 10.6.7 and Lion 10.7.2 using DVI/VGA (cannot test HDMI).

Thanks,
M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back