2x Geforce GTX650TiBoost SLI
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

So I got my system to work almost entirely with audio OK, network OK, graphics OK and the usual stuff (haven't tried handoff, iMessages or others that I don't use though).

Gigabyte Z68X-UD4-B3
Core i5 3450
2x4Go Kingston HyperX 1333Mhz
240Go Kingston HyperX 3K SSD
2x GTX650 Ti Boost 2Go SLI

Here's what I did to make it work:

First of all, I strongly recommend doing a fresh install (disk util at beginning of the installation => erase disk) otherwise I was stuck after the first reboot at PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN.

Don't recover your time machine during the install, you can do it later once everything else works properly. It will save you some time in case of trouble.

For those of you who are stuck at PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN in verbose mode (Apple logo with an empty progression bar lasting forever in normal mode), you have to install the 10.9.5 ACPIPlatform Rollback located in Multibeast/Drivers/System at FIRST UNIBEAST BOOT, otherwise you're stuck with PCI CONFIGURATION BEGIN at reboot and you're good to do a fresh install all over again.

Edit:
I got my bluetooth dongle recognized by recovering my system files with Time Machine but I saw in an other post that you can install bluetooth kexts from Mavericks as well.

Edit 2:
For those of you who can't login to Appstore, make sure your Ethernet built'in is set à en0 (you can see that in System Information, ioreg and Network utility). If not, then go to Network in System Preferences and delete all your devices, apply, then delete Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist. Reboot, go to Network in System Preferences again and add your Ethernet connection FIRST. You're good to go!

Edit 3:
For USB 3.0, I installed the new driver in Multibeast 7.0.1 and my front USB 3.0 port wouldn't work until I plugged a USB 2.0 device in it. After that my USB 3.0 devices worked just fine ! I can't explain why it needed a USB 2.0 device to start being recognized but it worth the try if you have troubles with it too !

So my Multibeast config was:

User DSDT => use the Z68X-UD4-B3 DSDT
Realtek ALC889 for audio
Realtek L81xx for ethernet
10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback
Kext Dev Mode (very important for the ACPI rollback to work)

Hope this'll help someone !

Glnk

Works with Z68XP-UD3

Thanks... the advice about adding 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback made all the difference! Wouldn't boot other wise.

It's still a little buggy so I'm gonna play around with Clover and if I can't get Clover going I'll go back to Uni/Mulitbeast and the 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback.

Thanks again Gink2012

Hi,

I cannot access the AppStore, but my ethernet is set to the correct en0, any ideas?

I can download updates, just cannot re-download apps I bought listed under purchases.
iTunes is working fine, with Match, and I'm signed in to iCloud.

No iMessages, but I expected that.

I am not understanding why the AppStore isn't working though.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 9.11.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 9.11.58 PM.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 113
Maybe try to erase all your network devices and do the procedure as I listed. I don't know why only your appstore doesn't work but it could do the trick. I don't know but sometimes it changes something and you can't really explain why :roll2:...

For USB 3.0, I installed the new driver in Multibeast 7.0.1 and my front USB 3.0 port wouldn't work until I plugged a USB 2.0 device in it. After that my USB 3.0 devices worked just fine ! I can't explain why it needed a USB 2.0 device to start being recognized but it worth the try if you have troubles with it too !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back