Contribute
Register

[Works] Gigabyte 6850 1GB < GV-R685OC-1GD > full CI/QE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using 2 screens? If so, how Is the full screen movie Playback? I have a minor, but annoying tearing problem with my 5770 with dual screens only. This is the card that I have my eye on.

I am using one screen. Full screen movie playback is otherwise fine.

thanks for the info. im making the purchase now :)

AP2 said:
thanks for the info. im making the purchase now :)
Dual monitors works fine with no issues even in movies for me. Just make sure to use one of the monitors with the display port.

shibirian thank you so much for you review, I got this card last week and last night I installed my hackintosh, I was very surprised that the card worked obo, the only thing was that it only worked on one screen at the time and it detected the hdmi port but no signal was detected, so I added your flags to my org.chameleon.Boot.plist like this:

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Bulrushes</string>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
and changed from : <string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string> to
<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
so just the 3000 to 2000 and now I can mirror dvi+hdmi :D , I haven't tested the DP but I am hoping to buy a cable soon, now if anyone could get the HDMI audio to work, I have been goggling about it but haven't found much.

boriscolombia said:
shibirian thank you so much for you review, I got this card last week and last night I installed my hackintosh, I was very surprised that the card worked obo, the only thing was that it only worked on one screen at the time and it detected the hdmi port but no signal was detected, so I added your flags to my org.chameleon.Boot.plist like this:

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>
so just the 3000 to 2000 and now I can mirror dvi+hdmi :D , I haven't tested the DP but I am hoping to buy a cable soon, now if anyone could get the HDMI audio to work, I have been goggling about it but haven't found much.
Glad you've got it to work! :D

For HDMI audio this thread here is the best thread to start:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31947

boriscolombia said:

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>

THANK YOU!!! I was having the same issue, modified my .plist like yours, and HDMI is noe working beautifully. No HDMI audio for me either, still working on that... Baby steps :)

boriscolombia said:

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>

Hi,

I tried your settings and got dvi+hdmi working with dual screen :) Thanx!
BUT the mouse started lagging (not only the mouse but all movement on screen). Because that this was to anoying, I swiched back to the settings I had before.

Anything I can do with this you think?

madsoliver said:
boriscolombia said:

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<key>AtiPorts</key>
<string>4</string>

Hi,

I tried your settings and got dvi+hdmi working with dual screen :) Thanx!
BUT the mouse started lagging (not only the mouse but all movement on screen). Because that this was to anoying, I swiched back to the settings I had before.

Anything I can do with this you think?
Try Duckweed or a different framebuffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back