i7-2700K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Do I need smbios definition?

I got my system working without adding a system definition in clover, does this matter?
I am on a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 using legacy bios and have been using chimera up until now.
My complete system is in my user profile.

El capitan identified my system as iMac12,2 right after install and everything except audio seems to be working.

It took me the whole day to figure it out since I did follow the install guide at first and added the 3,1 definition which got me to a "P-state stepper error 18". After reading the forums I tried the 12,2 definition and it worked BUT I could only boot from the usb.
Only after leaving the smbios blank will my system boot from the system drive.

Should I leave it blank or try to get it working with a system defined?
By the way I have been using the 3,1 definition previously on this same build running both 10.6.8 and 10.8.5 but with el capitan it's 12,2, any idea why?

I guess what I am asking plain and simple is, is it not weird that the system is working without a system definition?

I got my system working without adding a system definition in clover, does this matter?
I am on a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 using legacy bios and have been using chimera up until now.
My complete system is in my user profile.

El capitan identified my system as iMac12,2 right after install and everything except audio seems to be working.

It took me the whole day to figure it out since I did follow the install guide at first and added the 3,1 definition which got me to a "P-state stepper error 18". After reading the forums I tried the 12,2 definition and it worked BUT I could only boot from the usb.
Only after leaving the smbios blank will my system boot from the system drive.

Should I leave it blank or try to get it working with a system defined?
By the way I have been using the 3,1 definition previously on this same build running both 10.6.8 and 10.8.5 but with el capitan it's 12,2, any idea why?

Take a look in About This Mac and I'm guessing that you will see that you do have a System Definition.
If so, it will be with generic default values which will probably lead to problems later if you want to use iMessage etc.

Yes the system is 12,2 under About this Mac, the problem is it will not boot from the system drive as soon as I apply that definition in clover configurator. 3,1 definition gets me a cpu error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back