Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 56
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have had a working Mojave 10.14.5 system running since March. Recently it has been more and more reluctant to boot, but eventually it does boot. Finally, I updated to 10.14.6, and it booted fine the next few restarts. Then it went completely off the rails and just would not boot last night, restarting or cold booting. Somehow it booted this morning.

My system is much like others with this motherboard.

Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 Op (BIOS F12, settings optimized for Hackintosh)​
i7-8700K​
2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (mobo QVL DDR4)​
PowerColor Red Dragon Vega 56 via DisplayPort to 1440p 144hz monitor and via HDMI to 1080p 60hz monitor​
TP-Link Archer T6E WiFi card​
Clover UEFI boot manager on HP EX920 NVME (mobo QVL drive)​
Mojave 10.14.6 on M.2 NVME (HP EX 920 dedicated to Mac)​
Windows 10 on M.2 SATA (dedicated to Windows)​
M.2 NVME for Windows storage (NTFS)​
SATA HDD for Mac storage (APFS)​
SATA HDD for Windows storage (NTFS)​
SATA HDD for shared storage (ExFAT)​

Here is a picture of my screen at a failed boot last night.
i-3MJ2b2B.jpg

Here are my kexts from Clover:
AirportBrcmFixup.kext​
AppleALC.kext​
AppleHDA.kext​
AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext​
FakeSMC.kext​
IntelMausiEthernet.kext​
Lilu.kext​
NoVPAJpeg.kext​
SMCProcessor.kext​
SMCSuperIO.kext​
USBInjectAll.kext​
VirtualSMC.kext​
WhateverGreen.kext​

Here are my kexts from Library Extensions:
ACS6x.kext​
AirportBrcmFixup.kext​
ArcMSR.kext​
ATTOCelerityFC8.kext​
ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext​
ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext​
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext​
CodecCommander.kext​
EnergyDriver.kext​
HighPointIOP.kext​
HighPointRR.kext​
PromiseSTEX.kext​
SoftRAID.kext​
USBInjectAll.kext​
(I think AirportBrcmFixup, CodecCommander, and USBInjectAll are the only ones I installed.)

Here are my drivers from Clover:
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi​
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi​
CleanNvram.efi​
FwRuntimeServices.efi​
HFSPlus.efi​
SMCHelper-64.efi​

In the hope of getting it working last night I updated WhateverGreen, Lilu, and VirtualSMC, and installed some new stuff (SMCProcessor, SMCSuperIO, CleanNVRAM, FWruntimeServices). (I was able to get to the EFI partition through Windows.) The verbose picture above reflects a failed boot with these new and updated files. Previous verbose messages had a lot of ACPI stuff like namespace lookup failure and table load failure.

Attached is my config.plist

Any hints or help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Config-serialscrubbed.plist
    8.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I have had a working Mojave 10.14.5 system running since March. Recently it has been more and more reluctant to boot, but eventually it does boot. Finally, I updated to 10.14.6, and it booted fine the next few restarts. Then it went completely off the rails and just would not boot last night, restarting or cold booting. Somehow it booted this morning.

My system is much like others with this motherboard.

Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 Op (BIOS F12, settings optimized for Hackintosh)​
i7-8700K​
2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX (mobo QVL DDR4)​
PowerColor Red Dragon Vega 56 via DisplayPort to 1440p 144hz monitor and via HDMI to 1080p 60hz monitor​
TP-Link Archer T6E WiFi card​
Clover UEFI boot manager on HP EX920 NVME (mobo QVL drive)​
Mojave 10.14.6 on M.2 NVME (HP EX 920 dedicated to Mac)​
Windows 10 on M.2 SATA (dedicated to Windows)​
M.2 NVME for Windows storage (NTFS)​
SATA HDD for Mac storage (APFS)​
SATA HDD for Windows storage (NTFS)​
SATA HDD for shared storage (FAT32)​

Here is a picture of my screen at a failed boot last night.
i-3MJ2b2B.jpg

Here are my kexts from Clover:
AirportBrcmFixup.kext​
AppleALC.kext​
AppleHDA.kext​
AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext​
FakeSMC.kext​
IntelMausiEthernet.kext​
Lilu.kext​
NoVPAJpeg.kext​
SMCProcessor.kext​
SMCSuperIO.kext​
USBInjectAll.kext​
VirtualSMC.kext​
WhateverGreen.kext​

Here are my kexts from Library Extensions:
ACS6x.kext​
AirportBrcmFixup.kext​
ArcMSR.kext​
ATTOCelerityFC8.kext​
ATTOExpressSASHBA2.kext​
ATTOExpressSASRAID2.kext​
CalDigitHDProDrv.kext​
CodecCommander.kext​
EnergyDriver.kext​
HighPointIOP.kext​
HighPointRR.kext​
PromiseSTEX.kext​
SoftRAID.kext​
USBInjectAll.kext​
(I think AirportBrcmFixup, CodecCommander, and USBInjectAll are the only ones I installed.)

Here are my drivers from Clover:
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi​
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi​
CleanNvram.efi​
FwRuntimeServices.efi​
HFSPlus.efi​
SMCHelper-64.efi​

In the hope of getting it working last night I updated WhateverGreen, Lilu, and VirtualSMC, and installed some new stuff (SMCProcessor, SMCSuperIO, CleanNVRAM, FWruntimeServices). (I was able to get to the EFI partition through Windows.) The verbose picture above reflects a failed boot with these new and updated files. Previous verbose messages had a lot of ACPI stuff like namespace lookup failure and table load failure.

Attached is my config.plist

Any hints or help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
use either FakeSMC or VirtualSMC not both

Thanks, it has worked for a couple restarts without FakeSMC, very quickly I might add. I also removed CodecCommander because I never fully configured it and there were some messages about it in previous boot failures.

Now I just have to figure out why the machine boots into Windows boot manager and not Clover now. I have to go into the BIOS and reset the boot priority to Clover.

Well that didn't last. I updated to Clover r5405. It not only didn't fix the Windows boot issue, it killed my Mojave, which freezes at that initial messaging with the + signs. (Start ProcessOptions to End RandomSeed.)

I'm trying to piece it back together in Windows but I can't find things like ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi.

Well that didn't last. I updated to Clover r5405. It not only didn't fix the Windows boot issue, it killed my Mojave, which freezes at that initial messaging with the + signs. (Start ProcessOptions to End RandomSeed.)

I'm trying to piece it back together in Windows but I can't find things like ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi.
newest clover has changed their directory structure for efi files to drivers/UEFI/

Yes I noticed. They also now seed the folders with some new EFIs. Regardless, I couldn't get it to boot.

I'm trying to build a new Mojave USB installer and I got farther. It has some verbose messaging I recall from the last time I couldn't boot.

Ha, I'm back in Mac OS! I found kext and EFI repos and reproduced my working system, except I used only FakeSMC with the helper, not VirtualSMC.

Is the TP-Link Archer T6E WiFi card working? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back