Contribute
Register

Working i7 6700K El Capitan with 970X monitor sleeps after Nvidia drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the fans start spinig ? And the audio and the network working ?

Did the fans start spinig ? And the audio and the network working ?

Fan spinning:
I heard that the GTX 9xx spins at 60 degrees or higher.

Audio works with HDMI, i need to check the 3,5mm audio.

Network; I use a TP-link wifi network card, it works perfectly (even with installation)

Still this problem:
If I add the extra internal HDD (not a ssd) the system wont boot, not with usb.
Monitor sleeps
And I can fix the monitor because I don't have a working boot/clover on the system installed.

I need to boot with the USB, but I'm afraid to install clover again on the system for failures.

Fan spinning:

You are right about that, but only with STRIX fans, as you have on your graphics. :)

Fan spinning:

Audio works with HDMI, i need to check the 3,5mm audio.

Network; I use a TP-link wifi network card, it works perfectly (even with installation)

Still this problem:
If I add the extra internal HDD (not a ssd) the system wont boot, not with usb.
Monitor sleeps
And I can fix the monitor because I don't have a working boot/clover on the system installed.

I need to boot with the USB, but I'm afraid to install clover again on the system for failures.

you need to do exactly as i instruct you before dowloand clover bootloader and instal it to the mac partition disk and copy the files from usb to it then you shold not have the sleep problem and the hdd wil be recongnized normaly there is no risk in this after the everything is working with usb boot !

Thanks! I will do that tomorrow.

The only thing with the video card is:
Sometimes the screen goes to black 2 seconds, random. Sometimes 30 minuten without blackouts, or sometimes wit 10 seconds between the 2-seconds-blackout.
Totally random.

Is this a known issue?

I have just did my first El Capitan install on my new Skylake setup, and it went beyond all expectations. :)

My setup is very similar to yours, except for the graphics card.
I did (so far) a succesful install on this hardware:

ASUS Maximus Ranger VIII
Skylake i7-6700K
2 x 8GB DDR4 RAM
ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX

Only thing that does not work yet, is my sound.

If it still fails for you, maybe I can try to help you through, but I don't have the time right now - maybe tomorrow, if you have not solved it then. :)

Edit -->>> The sound is also working now! :headbang: <<<--

I have just did my first El Capitan install on my new Skylake setup, and it went beyond all expectations. :)

My setup is very similar to yours, except for the graphics card.
I did (so far) a succesful install on this hardware:

ASUS Maximus Ranger VIII
Skylake i7-6700K
2 x 8GB DDR4 RAM
ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX

Only thing that does not work yet, is my sound.

If it still fails for you, maybe I can try to help you through, but I don't have the time right now - maybe tomorrow, if you have not solved it then. :)

Edit -->>> The sound is also working now! :headbang: <<<--

Good work!:cool:

Good work!:cool:
Help me out too OS X Graphics Drivers support my GT410M but still if i switch to Nvidia drivers monitor goes to sleep
HW Monitor shows fan RPM as 19 and my gpu heats a lot. How to fix it(Fan speed) Clover also shows some fan speed error while booting.(EL Capitan 10.11.3)(everything works except battery status)
CPU-i3-2350M (sandy)
6GB ram
Gt410M 512MB

Thanks! I will do that tomorrow.

The only thing with the video card is:
Sometimes the screen goes to black 2 seconds, random. Sometimes 30 minuten without blackouts, or sometimes wit 10 seconds between the 2-seconds-blackout.
Totally random.

Is this a known issue?

Great thread, all, thanks! Nielsgiet - did you ever have any luck resolving the random 2 second blackouts? I'm experiencing the same thing on my similar build but not having a lot of luck finding anyone with similar problems/solutions. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back