Contribute
Register

Working i7 6700K El Capitan with 970X monitor sleeps after Nvidia drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
If about this Mac say NVIDIA Chip Model 22MB, then your graphics card is not recognized properly.
Have you tried to set nvidia inject to true in your Config.plist?:

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<true/>
</dict>

After I did this, my graphics card was recognized after a reboot. (Before I did that, mine was also recognized as NVIDIA Chip Model)

If about this Mac say NVIDIA Chip Model 22MB, then your graphics card is not recognized properly.
Have you tried to set nvidia inject to true in your Config.plist?:

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<true/>
</dict>

After I did this, my graphics card was recognized after a reboot. (Before I did that, mine was also recognized as NVIDIA Chip Model)

Thanks!
It shows now:
Asus GeForce GTX 970 0 MB

But it seems it doesn't work ....

yes the one from your usb instalation ihave the same configuration in my brother computer and the only way i was get it working for both of us is by following instruction that i give you so upload your clover folder to see what you missed

Here is my clover folder, maybe it's interesting for my to get your clover? Cause you use the same gpu?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 103
Here is my clover folder, maybe it's interesting for my to get your clover? Cause you use the same gpu?

you need to do some more resarch your kext folder is empty and el capitan sip is enabled.....

i will fix it for you what setup you do what did you disabled and enabled did you do this setup

BIOS Settings
The BIOS settings are fairly typical for modern machines:
Load Optimized Defaults
If your BIOS has a VT-d setting, disable it
If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
Set OS Type to Other OS
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
If you have a Serial port, disable it

and what is your bios version ??

you need to do some more resarch your kext folder is empty and el capitan sip is enabled.....

i will fix it for you what setup you do what did you disabled and enabled did you do this setup

BIOS Settings
The BIOS settings are fairly typical for modern machines:
Load Optimized Defaults
If your BIOS has a VT-d setting, disable it
If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
Set OS Type to Other OS
If you have a Serial port, disable it

and what is your bios version ??

The Kexts are in the system/library/extensions folder right???

Load Optimized Defaults YES
If your BIOS has a VT-d setting, disable it YES
If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it YES
Set OS Type to Other OS YES
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled YES
If you have a Serial port, disable it (don't have serial port)

Biosversion: 2.17.1246

The Kexts are in the system/library/extensions folder right???

Load Optimized Defaults YES
If your BIOS has a VT-d setting, disable it YES
If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it YES
Set OS Type to Other OS YES
If you have a Serial port, disable it (don't have serial port)

Biosversion: 2.17.1246

ok the bios version is not 2,17.... its the number like 1202 or 1302.... take this file extract it and move it to your efi partition on the usb instalation and replace it this is step 1

step 2
remove the gpu from your motherboard
and make sure that secure boot is saying disabled and primary gpu is set to igfx not peg or pcie ok

step 3 boot up with your usb do not select any boot flag or do any inject just boot up from the usb installer and install the mac after you get to desktop tell me and do not do anything till i complet for you the steps to get evrything working

Attachments

• Archive 2.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 121
ok the bios version is not 2,17.... its the number like 1202 or 1302.... take this file extract it and move it to your efi partition on the usb instalation and replace it this is step 1

step 2
remove the gpu from your motherboard
and make sure that secure boot is saying disabled and primary gpu is set to igfx not peg or pcie ok

step 3 boot up with your usb do not select any boot flag or do any inject just boot up from the usb installer and install the mac after you get to desktop tell me and do not do anything till i complet for you the steps to get evrything working

If I open the bios: UEFI BIOS Utility, there is on the bottom: Version 2.17.1246. Copyright (C) 2015 etc. etc.

If I open the bios: UEFI BIOS Utility, there is on the bottom: Version 2.17.1246. Copyright (C) 2015 etc. etc.

its ok since you cheked all the setup now begine the instalation and see and sorry for my bad english its is not my language

its ok since you cheked all the setup now begine the instalation and see and sorry for my bad english its is not my language

English is also not my language, but I understand you.

At this moment he is installing OSX with your USB files.
When ready I will let it know, it's late here so I need to sleep.
I will reply as soon as possible!:) many thanks so far!
Hopefully people who read this thread has also useful information of this thread

***edit***
I will stay awake, its to interesting :D

Oke, system OSX is up and running.
Waiting on your next steps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back