Contribute
Register

Working i7 6700K El Capitan with 970X monitor sleeps after Nvidia drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for replying!

I could not start with safe mode, so I decided to install everything again.
Now I have a clean install of El Capitan with Nvidia drivers installed.

I can not boot without the nv_disable=1.

I tried also different system names, but I will try again with MacPro 6.1 (Mercy2013)
What do you have for flags?

I will try it with 6.1!

I have these flags: dart=0, kext-dev-mode=1 and nvda_drv=1.
I also use nvidia inject true in the config.plist file. (Don't know if your graphics card also need this to work)

I forgot to mention that it was also necessary to edit in the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext. (Can't find the link at the moment, but I try to guide you anyway)

Path to the kext:
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

In the info.plist you need to find the board-id under "ConfigMap". (In my case for Mac Pro 6,1)

Looks like this:
<key>Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6</key>
<string>Config1</string>

Change Config1 to none instead.

<string>none</string>

After that you have to rebuild the kernel cache and then reboot.

I have these flags: dart=0, kext-dev-mode=1 and nvda_drv=1.
I also use nvidia inject true in the config.plist file. (Don't know if your graphics card also need this to work)

I forgot to mention that it was also necessary to edit in the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext. (Can't find the link at the moment, but I try to guide you anyway)

Path to the kext:
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

In the info.plist you need to find the board-id under "ConfigMap". (In my case for Mac Pro 6,1)

Looks like this:
<string>Config1</string>

Change Config1 to none instead.

<string>none</string>

After that you have to rebuild the kernel cache and then reboot.

Thanks for sharing, I saw that I don't had a AppleGraphicsControl.kext in my Extensions map.
So I downloaded a version here I found in the forum, it was already changed to "none".

But if I will rebuild the kernel chase I use the 2 command lines of solution #4 in the Nvidia help thread.

Terminal shows me:
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]
Mac-Pro-van-Niels:~ Niels$ sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]Password:[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]2016-01-03 21:10:04.884 kextcache[391:3863] There was an error parsing the Info.plist for the bundle at URL Contents/Info.plist -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] NSCocoaErrorDomain - 3840[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] <CFBasicHash 0x7fbe0b79bdd0 [0x7fff78636440]>{type = immutable dict, count = 2,[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]entries =>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]    0 : <CFString 0x7fff78545180 [0x7fff78636440]>{contents = "NSDebugDescription"} = <CFString 0x7fbe0b79e730 [0x7fff78636440]>{contents = "Encountered unexpected character n on line 120 while looking for open tag"}[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]    1 : <CFString 0x7fff78547f80 [0x7fff78636440]>{contents = "kCFPropertyListOldStyleParsingError"} = Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3840 "Malformed data byte group at line 1; invalid hex" UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=Malformed data byte group at line 1; invalid hex}[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]}[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Can't read info dictionary for AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext: IOCFUnserialize: syntax error near line 120.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Can't read info dictionary for AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext: IOCFUnserialize: syntax error near line 120.[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Mac-Pro-van-Niels:~ Niels$ sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]2016-01-03 21:10:58.107 kextcache[417:4493] There was an error parsing the Info.plist for the bundle at URL Contents/Info.plist -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] <CFBasicHash 0x7fbdfb6afac0 [0x7fff78636440]>{type = immutable dict, count = 2,[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]    0 : <CFString 0x7fff78545180 [0x7fff78636440]>{contents = "NSDebugDescription"} = <CFString 0x7fbdfb6b0fe0 [0x7fff78636440]>{contents = "Encountered unexpected character n on line 120 while looking for open tag"}[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]    1 : <CFString 0x7fff78547f80 [0x7fff78636440]>{contents = "kCFPropertyListOldStyleParsingError"} = Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3840 "Malformed data byte group at line 1; invalid hex" UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=Malformed data byte group at line 1; invalid hex}[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]}[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Mac-Pro-van-Niels:~ Niels$ sudo kextcache -system-caches[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Password:[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]2016-01-03 21:16:17.798 kextcache[431:6649] There was an error parsing the Info.plist for the bundle at URL Contents/Info.plist -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] <CFBasicHash 0x7f84396af6f0 [0x7fff78636440]>{type = immutable dict, count = 2,[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]    0 : <CFString 0x7fff78545180 [0x7fff78636440]>{contents = "NSDebugDescription"} = <CFString 0x7f84396b0c10 [0x7fff78636440]>{contents = "Encountered unexpected character n on line 120 while looking for open tag"}[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]}[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Mac-Pro-van-Niels:~ Niels$ [/FONT]

And I tried restart the system with added this kext (I don't know if I need to rebuild kernel cache if I only add the kext and not change the info.plist.
It didn't work, also if I changed my system to a Mac Pro 6.1.

Again a sleepy monitor, and only booting with nv_disable=1

What for kext do I need in the Extensions map?

My workflow so far:
- installed a USB stick with Clover
- boot from USB
- installed OSX (with succes)
- installed El Capitan Post Installation tools
- no more booting from USB
- booting from EVI on the mackintosh
- Edit the plist file wit clover classic (recent versions)

- ...still booting with nv_disable=1
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks for sharing, I saw that I don't had a AppleGraphicsControl.kext in my Extensions map.
So I downloaded a version here I found in the forum, it was already changed to "none".

But if I will rebuild the kernel chase I use the 2 command lines of solution #4 in the Nvidia help thread.

Terminal shows me:
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]
Mac-Pro-van-Niels:~ Niels$ sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]Password:[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]2016-01-03 21:10:04.884 kextcache[391:3863] There was an error parsing the Info.plist for the bundle at URL Contents/Info.plist -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] <CFBasicHash 0x7fbe0b79bdd0 [0x7fff78636440]>{type = immutable dict, count = 2,[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]    0 : <CFString 0x7fff78545180 [0x7fff78636440]>{contents = "NSDebugDescription"} = <CFString 0x7fbe0b79e730 [0x7fff78636440]>{contents = "Encountered unexpected character n on line 120 while looking for open tag"}[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]}[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Mac-Pro-van-Niels:~ Niels$ sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]2016-01-03 21:10:58.107 kextcache[417:4493] There was an error parsing the Info.plist for the bundle at URL Contents/Info.plist -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] <CFBasicHash 0x7fbdfb6afac0 [0x7fff78636440]>{type = immutable dict, count = 2,[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]    0 : <CFString 0x7fff78545180 [0x7fff78636440]>{contents = "NSDebugDescription"} = <CFString 0x7fbdfb6b0fe0 [0x7fff78636440]>{contents = "Encountered unexpected character n on line 120 while looking for open tag"}[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]}[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Mac-Pro-van-Niels:~ Niels$ sudo kextcache -system-caches[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Password:[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]2016-01-03 21:16:17.798 kextcache[431:6649] There was an error parsing the Info.plist for the bundle at URL Contents/Info.plist -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo] <CFBasicHash 0x7f84396af6f0 [0x7fff78636440]>{type = immutable dict, count = 2,[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]    0 : <CFString 0x7fff78545180 [0x7fff78636440]>{contents = "NSDebugDescription"} = <CFString 0x7f84396b0c10 [0x7fff78636440]>{contents = "Encountered unexpected character n on line 120 while looking for open tag"}[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]}[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]Mac-Pro-van-Niels:~ Niels$ [/FONT]

And I tried restart the system with added this kext (I don't know if I need to rebuild kernel cache if I only add the kext and not change the info.plist.
It didn't work, also if I changed my system to a Mac Pro 6.1.

Again a sleepy monitor, and only booting with nv_disable=1

What for kext do I need in the Extensions map?

My workflow so far:
- installed a USB stick with Clover
- boot from USB
- installed OSX (with succes)
- installed El Capitan Post Installation tools
- no more booting from USB
- booting from EVI on the mackintosh
- Edit the plist file wit clover classic (recent versions)

- ...still booting with nv_disable=1
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Stange that you not had that kext installed already. Just to be sure - you are aware that the System folder is hidden by default in El Capitan, right? If you instead have looked in the /Library/Extensions/ folder, then you don't find the AppleGraphicsControl.kext. I guess you already know this. :)

Did you use a program to install the kext, or did you just drag it to the Extensions folder?
If you just have drag it, try instead to install it with Kext Utility.

How about the nvidia inject in your config.plist, - Is it enabled or disabled?

Have you installed the nvidia driver with the graphics card installed? On my system it was necessary to boot without the graphics card, then install the nvidia driver and then switch back in bios.

I dropped in the map Extensions!
All the other kexts are installed with the Post installation tools.

Now I removed the GraphicsControl and installed with Kext Utility.
He said it is done but it doesn't appear in the Extensions map, with hidden files on.

The nvidia inject is off (false).

Have you tried to change it to true instead?
I could not boot before I did that in mine config file.

Yeah!
I can boot WITHOUT the nv_disable=1!!!!!!!!:headbang:
Only I don't see any graphic improvements... it's still crappy...:thumbdown:

But a step closer to a perfect system.

Is reinstalling the nvidia webdriver a good idea?!

Have you tried to change it to true instead?
I could not boot before I did that in mine config file.

For me it doesn't make sense, it boot true and false

Nice :thumbup:

If you can boot without your graphics card, then I would try to uninstall the nvidia drivers, then boot with internal graphics, and reinstall the nvidia driver. Reboot and change back in bios.

Propably the most simplest thing you can do, but I don't know how to boot with internal graphics...

I will try first reinstalling with nv_disable=1 on!

In bios you can choose between internal or external graphics. Select internal, save and reboot. Then you just have to move your DVI or HDMI cable to the motherboard instead.

boot with nv_disable=1 and install the nvidia driver. Reboot and change back in bios, and move your cable back to your graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back