Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I had a working hackintosh build for a long time (though it *seemed* that two problems were slowly becoming more frequent: kernel panics, and failing to activate the screen after waking up from sleep, despite the CPU lights and fan switching on). However it's just stopped booting in either OS X 10.7 or Windows 7 (both in separate partitions on my SSD). Can anyone help? My symptoms follow. I'm just trying to install Windows to a separate hard drive.

Thanks very much in advance,
tog

===OS X===

Starting OS X in verbose mode I get different errors each time (2 photos from 2 different times attached), but with a common last error:

===
AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClinet: ready
From path: "uuid", Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media<string></dict>
Still waiting for root device
Still waiting for root device [loops slowly]
===

This is preceded (not always immediately) by 'Couldn't alloc class "AudioAUUCDriver"' but from Googling I believe this to be harmless.

===Win===

In Windows 7 I get a BSOD almost as soon as the 'Loading Windows' screen begins animating, even of safe mode, always saying:

===

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

<snip> Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0x80786A58, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

===

Googling "0x80786A58, 0xC0000034" isn't much help, but turns up references to "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE".

Attachments

• IMG_20130220_073136.jpg
    IMG_20130220_073136.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 329
  • IMG_20130220_075141.jpg
    IMG_20130220_075141.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 344
[FIXED?] Working build stopped booting in both OS X and Windows

I *think* I've fixed this, though my system may still need some tweaking:

I was able to restart in Windows as per my thread http://superuser.com/questions/5546...od-on-old-windows-7-partition-but-now-it-rest

But I couldn't restart into the old OS X using iBoot. I get a different error from the original attachments - it's too quick to photograph when restarting in -v verbose mode, but I've taken as video. It seems to happens well into the 'Read HFS+ file' lines, imperceptibly soon after the one containing '/System/Library/Extensions/webdev_fs.kext' which sounds - from its alphabetical position - like it might be the last in '/System/Library/Extensions/' at least. It then looks like the next screen says 'Darwin x86' and then a long line containing 'boot-uuid'.

I think this was because the old OS X was Lion, so I used rBoot and managed to restart. Then I reinstalled just Chimera through MultiBeast, and OS X seems to work fine! (Windows' shutdown doesn't work right as per http://superuser.com/questions/5546...od-on-old-windows-7-partition-but-now-it-rest but hey...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back