Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the specifications of my pre-existing PC will work?

motherboard: ASUS Maximus III Formula (P55 chipset)
CPU: Intel quad-core i7-860
VGA: ASUS EAH5850 DIRECTCU/2DIS/1GD5 Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro)

The machine currently has 4GB of Memory and is running Windows 7 64-bit

Thanks so much!

Re: Will this build work?

sweeeeet. thanks!

iBoot is not booting... "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key."

i have changed SATA to AHCI and my disk drive is prioritized as the primary boot device.

USE FORMATED HDD AND LATEST IBOOT .MAKE SURE NOT MORE THAN 4GB RAM .FIRST BOOT CD / SECOND HDD /SATA TO AHCI /POWER S3<HPET -64BIT/LATEST BIOS UPDATE :thumbup:

i discovered that i burned the boot disk incorrectly. for anyone who also encounters this problem, the way that i was able to solve it was to burn the disk using disk utility rather than finder.

SUCCESS! I now have one harddrive running Windows 7 and another running OS X 10.6.6 (snow leopard). perfect for filmmaking post production AND crysis 2!

Thanks to tonymac, macman, and everyone else who actively participates in this forum!

My setup is as follows:

motherboard: ASUS Maximus III Formula (P55 chipset)
CPU: Intel quad-core i7-860
VGA: ASUS EAH5850 DIRECTCU/2DIS/1GD5 Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro)

I used this awesome guide to get my machine up and running!

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html

bios settings:

windows: IDE
os x: ACHI

1) in order to install osx and boot from the snow leopard disk, i had to type "PCIRootUID=1" (not necessary once it is installed)

2) make sure monitor (1) is connected via DVI or HDMI (display port doesn't seem to work)

3) multibeast install:
-DSDT (for Maximus III Formula)
-System Utilities
-64 bit apple boot screen

4) secondary multibeast installs
-audio: VoodooHDA 2.7.2 (latest version including VoodooHDAprefpane)
does not work with current sound card (SupremeFX X-FI). needed to use usb external card.

-video: Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - ATI Experimental
Chameleon 2.0 RC5 - Sandy Bridge
These are required to in order to run multiple monitors, but neither is required for just one DVI monitor. (its possible that sandy bridge is unnecessary) (i think i had to install sandy bridge, then chameleon

only thing that doesn't work as far as i know:

1) system does not wake from sleep when running Snow Leopard
2) Display port not recognised

btw, does anyone know how to get the yamaha midi-usb driver working? it doesnt work on this computer and i don't know why...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back