Contribute
Register

Working Build Asus Z170-A Skylake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you do any tinkering for sleep wake? Mine starts again automatically as soon as I put it to sleep.

Sleep/wake work for me. I haven't made any changes to clover what so ever. It was a very easy install and went off without a hitch once I disabled the serial port which I had forgotten to in the beginning and I was stumped for hours. Otherwise everything went pretty smoothly.

I did not create a config, its the basic one that clover made, i've made no modifications to clover other then creating iMessage configuration. I have only installed the HDMI 1.0 kext so I can get my HDMI audio through my monitor.

Is you ALC892 sound working? Everything is fine, but there are no sound-devices...

Honestly I've never tried. My sound comes through my monitor over HDMI. I applied the sound fixes for the ALC892 I found in the forums and I've now have sound bar on my top bar I assume its working but I cannot test it.

Hi, can you please help me? I have the same Asus Z170-A motherboard with Intel i7 6700k
I did everything like you, couldnt get the install to boot so I booted to safe mode without any problem.
After restart I boot again from usb to ssd, cuz i dont have clover on ssd yet...
again i got kernel panic so i needed to finish instalation in safe mode...
now i have el capitan installed on my ssd, i can only boot it if i select my usb as boot device, then when clover opens i select my ssd and boot in safe mode because like i said i get kernel panic.
How did you finish your setup? I tryed installing multibeast in safe mode but everytime i get error and it wont install..
please help

Sounds to me like the serial port is on in UEFI or the USB handoff is disabled. Did you check your bios settings? Shat graphics you running?

If you are trying to use the 1070 founders it's not supported and that's why you cannot boot. You would need to do the nv disable at clover as a boot command and you would have no acceleration in Mac OS.

Hi RippingViper, I have the same motherboard as yours but different graphic card. Mine is 1060 i know it is not supported but i am using the onboard graphic card and i have been reading none stop just to build my first hackintosh but no luck.

Always stopped at the prohibited sign. can you tell me what settings are needs to change in bios?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back